By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: WiiU and Vita Won't Reach 15mill LT

Tagged games:

Who will end out on top?

Vita 134 54.03%

WiiU 114 45.97%

Total:248

Wii U will barely pass it. I expect Nintendo is smart enough to make a price cut which will boost its sales. As for Vita its only hope is Japanese market. Vita still got a small chance after 3ds died.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
POE said:
Wiiu will sell more than gamecube so of course it will sell more than 15 million.

Wii U 2015 sales till now 0.7 million. With no big hitters like MK or Smash this wont pass 2 million total in 2015. That gives 11 - 11.5 million in 2015. In 2016 PS4 / Xbox One will be $299 (Wii U have to force a price cut). It wont be enough. So at the end of 2016 it will be 13 million (very generus assumption). Best of luck surpassing 15 million. GC probably crossed 21 million.

Even without big hitters Nintendo always sells much more during the holiday season than during the rest of the year. Also, the console was at the same point saleswise last year more or less (lack of recent updates outside of NPD or Japan makes it hard to tell if the console is still in front of last year's sales or not, but the difference should be very low anyway) and sold over 3 millions despite having longer droughts than this year's lineup. So 2 millions definitly is not gonna cut it.

And about no big hitters: Xenoblade Cronicles X, Star Fox Zero and Super Mario Maker could do quite decently. They are smaller than Smash, but that one's sales and hardware-selling capabilities where strongly hampered by the 3DS version, thus lowering it closer to the level of the other mentioned games.

That said, if there will be a sucessor to the Wii U for the 2016 holiday season, it might get difficult to reach the 15 million anyways. If the suceesor comes in 2017 or even later then the Wii U should be over 15 Millions LT

Wii U will, Vita is quite unlikely.

Bofferbrauer said:

Even without big hitters Nintendo always sells much more during the holiday season than during the rest of the year. Also, the console was at the same point saleswise last year more or less (lack of recent updates outside of NPD or Japan makes it hard to tell if the console is still in front of last year's sales or not, but the difference should be very low anyway) and sold over 3 millions despite having longer droughts than this year's lineup. So 2 millions definitly is not gonna cut it.

And about no big hitters: Xenoblade Cronicles X, Star Fox Zero and Super Mario Maker could do quite decently. They are smaller than Smash, but that one's sales and hardware-selling capabilities where strongly hampered by the 3DS version, thus lowering it closer to the level of the other mentioned games.

That said, if there will be a sucessor to the Wii U for the 2016 holiday season, it might get difficult to reach the 15 million anyways. If the suceesor comes in 2017 or even later then the Wii U should be over 15 Millions LT

I like your enthusiasm but Wii U wont pass 15 million mark.

Nogamez said:
To be fair with a price cut to 150 bucks Wii u could fly off the shelves. This needs to happen.

I think you're right. However I don't see Nintendo taking a loss to shift systems. I think they'll just phase it out. This is the same strategy Sony employed with the Vita. Sacrifice sales to reduce total losses. Hence no price cut back in 2012 unlike Nintendo hacking $100 off the 3DS just to start selling them.

As for OP. I think a good prediction right now would be saying either one of them will crack 15m.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

I predict PS4 under 100 million lifetime, but i not make a thread for this...
...Ok seriusly.

WU > 15m > PSV

WU is going to sell 17-18m; Vita will probabily be at 13-14m for me.

Ryng_Tolu said:

...Ok seriusly.

WU > 15m > PSV

Your vision on this is same as mine man! Both for Ps4, WiiU and Vita.

Sharu said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

...Ok seriusly.

WU > 15m > PSV

Good to know!

I also see what is your XB1 LT prediction (30-35 m); and even in this case i agree! 4/4 so. :P

Just for know, what is your 3DS LT prediction?

I think the Wii U has a better chance, but both of their chances of hitting 15M are pretty slim to none at this point.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ryng_Tolu said:
Sharu said:

Good to know!

I also see what is your XB1 LT prediction (30-35 m); and even in this case i agree! 4/4 so. :P

Just for know, what is your 3DS LT prediction?

Around 70-75 mln. I think its succesor will launch in 2017.