By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would PS4 like performance be enough for Nintendo NX?

Miyamotoo said:
NathObeaN said:
IMO, no. The Wii U was mostly a failure because it only just matched Xbox 360/PS3 power. It needs to come out and be at least 5x as powerful as the PS4 to capture people's attention.

The XB1/PS4 are about 8x as powerful as previous gen and it still isn't enough to make people's jaw drop in terms of the difference. Most people have either just invested in a new console or are about to, you are going to need to wow people if you want them to spend more cash or trade in their newly acquired console for something else.

So wrong, Wii U is mostly failure because of bad and terrible marketing, weak launch titles, software drouth...

True and I agree, 'mostly' is the wrong word on my part. It certainly didn't help it's position though. I just know if games like the original showing of Zelda Wii U came true, it would certainly boost the Wii U's prospects.

XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN

Around the Network

a perfect hardware wont be enough.
theres no way to nx compete with ps4 and one.
will repeat the ps2 versus GC.

NathObeaN said:
Miyamotoo said:
NathObeaN said:
IMO, no. The Wii U was mostly a failure because it only just matched Xbox 360/PS3 power. It needs to come out and be at least 5x as powerful as the PS4 to capture people's attention.

The XB1/PS4 are about 8x as powerful as previous gen and it still isn't enough to make people's jaw drop in terms of the difference. Most people have either just invested in a new console or are about to, you are going to need to wow people if you want them to spend more cash or trade in their newly acquired console for something else.

So wrong, Wii U is mostly failure because of bad and terrible marketing, weak launch titles, software drouth...

True and I agree, 'mostly' is the wrong word on my part. It certainly didn't help it's position though. I just know if games like the original showing of Zelda Wii U came true, it would certainly boost the Wii U's prospects.

Of course, Wii U is big mix of mistakes, It is not by accident that Wii U is worst selling Nintendo home console. Thats why I think next console will certainly sold much better, Nintendo can't again repeat so much mistakes on single console even if they want. :)

Miyamotoo said:
NathObeaN said:
Miyamotoo said:
NathObeaN said:

Of course, Wii U is big mix of mistakes, It is not by accident that Wii U is worst selling Nintendo home console. Thats why I think next console will certainly sold much better, Nintendo can't again repeat so much mistakes on single console even if they want. :)

I really hope so, I honestly do. I have never owned a Nintendo console myself. I played a gamecube a lot around friends when I was younger and loved it but since then the Wii and Wii U haven't interested me. I really hope the next Nintendo console grabs my attention because I would love to be the proud owner of all 3 platforms :)

NathObeaN said:
Miyamotoo said:
NathObeaN said:
Miyamotoo said:
NathObeaN said:

I really hope so, I honestly do. I have never owned a Nintendo console myself. I played a gamecube a lot around friends when I was younger and loved it but since then the Wii and Wii U haven't interested me. I really hope the next Nintendo console grabs my attention because I would love to be the proud owner of all 3 platforms :)

For me Wii and Wii U are totally different platforms, WIi was much more console for casuals and Wii U is true console for Nintendo fans, for me Wii U is better.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
NathObeaN said:
Miyamotoo said:
NathObeaN said:
Miyamotoo said:
NathObeaN said:

For me Wii and Wii U are totally different platforms, WIi was much more console for casuals and Wii U is true console for Nintendo fans, for me Wii U is better.

I agree. It just hasn't grabbed me still. The Gamecube had me, loved playing it. Wii U just hasn't captured my attention in the same way unfortuntely, I was hoping this E3 would change my perception but it made it worse. I will wait until the NX and go from there. Fingers crossed.

It depends on when the PS5 and the next Xbox release. If it is something like 2020 then it would be better to have the power level of the PS4 since there's still a good 3-4 years left of the 8th gen (Assuming Nintendo's next console releases in 2017), and the console after that would release a couple of years after the 9th gen starts (Like 2022-2023).

But if it's something like 2017 or 2018, it wouldn't be good to release a console that's like the Wii and Wii U (Like a gen 8.5 tech-wise). It wouldn't make much sense unless they want to go for "This is an affordable machine with great games" and throw good 3rd party support out of the window.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Illusion said:
Dusk said:

I don't understand why you can't see them making a console that is more powerful that the PS4. That doesn't make sense to me at all. It's not like the PS4 is super powerful or untouchable in the slightest. The reason that Nintendo is making games at 720P is because they are limited by the tech in the Wii U, not that they are unable lol. BTW, Mario Tennis is developed by Camelot not Nintendo.

I guess my concern isn't so much about Nintendo only being able to make games at 720p as it is to do with the length of time that it is taking them to make those games.  I'm just worried that it might take 6+ years to see the next Zelda game if they try doing it at 1080p.

That said, you could be right about Nintendo wanting the NX to be more powerful than the PS4.  I think if Nintendo does want to make the NX a PS4 killer then the key is going to be that they win back those 3rd parties.

They aren't taking any longer than any other company for the most part. Zelda's always take a lot of time to make. They have never been slapped together in a short amount of time. It's not much of a question of time for the difference between 720p to 1080p, it's about processing power. They are already developing HD, the big hurdle was already crossed when they went from SD to HD. They have reached 1080p before in games on the Wii U and if there were enough processing power, it would be that way on all of them with little extra time taken to do so. No matter what resolution you aim for with the game the processing power needs to be able to support it. Optimizing has to be done on any game no matter what resolution it runs at or it will run like a piece of crap, but that doesn't mean that there are no limits involved.

I agree, they will need that, as well as likely the same architecture and ease of development.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

It better be more powerful. Wii U is only suffering because it is underpowered. It has so many great games but most are not willing to pay for a console with slightly better than last gen graphics.

Also Nintendo needs to hurry and do a damage control direct because nobody else is going to buy the Wii U if they dont