By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would PS4 like performance be enough for Nintendo NX?

zorg1000 said:
I don't see what PS4+ power is going to gain Nintendo, most of their franchises aren't super graphic intense games so it's kinda a waste for Nintendo and I don't see the mainstream, western developers releasing games on for Nintendo or them performing well even with a PS4.5 level console.

lol get real. nintendo pushes graphics like anyone else. what third parties will do is uncertain indeed, because of bribery from sony and ms.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
NX will be out 2016 and it still will be a 8th gen console.

You always make me laugh. whatever nintendo releases that suceeds either wii u or 3ds, will be a 9th gen console.

gabzjmm23 said:
it should be a little bit more powerful and in a the same architecture of the PS4. they need 3rd party games in NX since we all know regardless how good the hardware is, game droughts and only exclusive Nintendo games won't do much. especially we are dealing with HD developments which has longer timelines to complete.

unified architeture and nintendo no longer being inexperienced with HD development already guarantee there won't be droughts for first party titles on the next consoles.

almostpitythehaters said:
zorg1000 said:
I don't see what PS4+ power is going to gain Nintendo, most of their franchises aren't super graphic intense games so it's kinda a waste for Nintendo and I don't see the mainstream, western developers releasing games on for Nintendo or them performing well even with a PS4.5 level console.

lol get real. nintendo pushes graphics like anyone else. what third parties will do is uncertain indeed, because of bribery from sony and ms.

Go away Zero, how many alts are u going to make?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Dulfite said:
They will either go with something more powerful without anything innovative (aka 3d, motion controls, touchscreen, etc.) Or they will have something innovative and be just as powerful as the 8th gen, kind of like Wii u was with the ps3.

The wii u is much more powerfull than ps3. but you're right that wii u sucessor will be much more powerfull than ps4 unless it has something revolutionary like the wiimote was.

Specs aside, I've yet to see a Wii U game that looks truly superior to anything the ps3 pumped out. Don't get me wrong, I love the Wii U and honestly I'd be good with its graphical capacity for the rest of my life (graphics are good enough now that I don't care about them getting better), but particularly ports of ps3/360 games look no different on the Wii U.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

Go away Zero, how many alts are u going to make?

Lol. Sad part is that he probably dont own Wii U. This guy is not even a Nintendo fan.

bonzobanana said:

I'd love to see this but Nintendo's recent track record is going incredibly cheap. This would be the complete reversal of that. I think Nintendo know they went far too low in performance with wii u but I think they will try to find a way of designing a console that performs well on the cheap. Maybe something like AMD's Zen architecture APU. The gpu side possibly may only just break 1 terraflop but the memory bandwith and cpu performance would put it easily ahead of ps4 and xbone. This to me would be a good platform for Nintendo. It would certainly be powerful enough to fully emulate gamecube,wii and wii u for backwards compatibility. Visually it should easily outperform xbone due to improved architecture/bandwidth etc elsewhere. It would also be possible to do games that would struggle on ps4 and xbone due to their more limited cpu performance. Lastly it would certainly be good enough to do cartoon graphics like Mario World at 1080p at 60fps no issues. Launching with third party support and some amazing exclusives would provide a good launch.

Nintendo need to be clever at providing a low cost console with excellent performance rather than screwing over their customers with dire hardware at inflated prices.

shut up already. why do you insist on that stupidity? the wii u has a much bigger difference than that against ps360. now ps4 and x1 aren't even top tech for their time and you expect a smaller jump from nintendo? get real and stop trolling.

I don't know your age but you are coming across as some sort of spoilt brat. Your view is contrary to the way Nintendo currently does business and designs hardware so hardly fair to accuse others of stupidity who see Nintendo improving slightly in that regard rather than radically operating in a different way which is your view. You seem to have expectations than Nintendo are going to create some beast of a console but I don't think that is realistic. They make reliable, affordable hardware but I think they have learned their lesson that the performance level was just too low. 

Its always interesting to make and read predictions for the future hardware of Nintendo. Lets not forget that unless Nintendo get back third party support there isn't much point making some sort of high performance console as their own titles don't need cutting edge hardware.

IMO, no. The Wii U was mostly a failure because it only just matched Xbox 360/PS3 power. It needs to come out and be at least 5x as powerful as the PS4 to capture people's attention.

The XB1/PS4 are about 8x as powerful as previous gen and it still isn't enough to make people's jaw drop in terms of the difference. Most people have either just invested in a new console or are about to, you are going to need to wow people if you want them to spend more cash or trade in their newly acquired console for something else.

XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN

Miyamotoo said:
Yes, I think they will target power little above PS4 with similar architecture, that will secure them easy 1080p ports for third party and more than enough power for 1080p/60fps Nintendo games.

you speak as if nintendo games don't push the console.

My point is that on Wii U most of Nintendo games are 720p/60fps, so with similar power like PS4 they could easily make all their games in 1080p/60fps.

NathObeaN said:
IMO, no. The Wii U was mostly a failure because it only just matched Xbox 360/PS3 power. It needs to come out and be at least 5x as powerful as the PS4 to capture people's attention.

The XB1/PS4 are about 8x as powerful as previous gen and it still isn't enough to make people's jaw drop in terms of the difference. Most people have either just invested in a new console or are about to, you are going to need to wow people if you want them to spend more cash or trade in their newly acquired console for something else.

So wrong, Wii U is mostly failure because of bad and terrible marketing, weak launch titles, software drouth...