By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Rise of the Tomb Raider be a commercial flop this fall?

TR will at least sell 1 million at the end of the year. It is one of the biggest games in 2015. It also depends on its bundles as wells. Now that X1 can play 360 games, The hardware looks very attractive and games like TR doesn't compete with Halo or battlefront or Fallout 4 because there completely different games for different gamers. TR is for those who love Uncharted gameplay not Halo gameplay.

Around the Network

Not a flop, but I'm quite sure they will be pretty dissatisfied at Crystal Dynamics/SE. They were when Tomb Raider 2013 launched.Then there will be the PS4 and PC and Mac and whatever port and the sales will raise, making it the real Rise of the Tomb Raider. lol

Azzanation said:
TR will at least sell 1 million at the end of the year. It is one of the biggest games in 2015. It also depends on its bundles as wells. Now that X1 can play 360 games, The hardware looks very attractive and games like TR doesn't compete with Halo or battlefront or Fallout 4 because there completely different games for different gamers. TR is for those who love Uncharted gameplay not Halo gameplay.

I wont be so sure with this 1 Million Units, maybe with bundles and crazy M$ prices, like give the game for free, what they probably will do anyway. lol

But when you look what other Games are coming, like Fallout, Halo, Forza, Star Wars, CoD and more other games, TR will have a hard time, because its only on the weakest system. So i wont be to sure about 1 million by the end of the year..

I am from Switzerland, so please accept my bad english ;)

"Normally, most of the B-teams of the DC Universe should have no problem with either Goku or any other SSJ out there, Gotenks and Vegito included. I think Black Adam would be enough, easily, to end them both. Maybe Booster Gold, if he could stop being a fuck up for a while."

Jinxrake aka best Comedian ever

I think it will be fine. Looking at those sales though, it will have a harder time reaching 1 million than I imagined by the end of the year.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

It will be a minor success in terms of profitability for MS, but it's coverage will be lessened because of the competition. Square Enix are the winners

Around the Network

Relative to its potential, kinda.

I see it doing like 1.2m this year on X1. 2m lifetime on the platform

Had it been PS4 exclusive this holiday it would have done 4m before years end. 6m-7m lifetime.

I think it can manage 1.5-2m this year so far from a flop. It did sell well on the 360, but on current gen consoles, it does much better on the PS4. I just hope MS gives it lots of promotion and doesn't just focus on Halo 5.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

If you are talking about sales on x1 in holidays it's quite possible that it will bomb. If you are talking about Ltd in all systems it will be ok. If you are talking about money, they got that covered with MS moneyhat or they are dumber than we imagine.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It won't, even if it sells bad. Microsoft paid for exclusivity, and while it isn't expensive, it isn't cheap either.

Considering the crowded release window, TR will probably perform margianally better than Sunset Overdrive last year. Lifetime it'll do fine, depending on when the PS4 version hits. (Aka, hopefully not within two months of Uncharted 4.)