By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was Square waiting for Sony to get back on top?

Snoorlax said:

Finally people are starting to realize that PC is the true way to game.

What is that supposed to mean?

I'm glad I own a PC but my favorite place to game is on my PS4 and Wii U.

Besides, you wouldn't see a fraction of today's games without the finance developers get from consoles. Latest example being The Witcher 3.

Around the Network

Like what other's have said, they probably did

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

lots of bias here.

I can't speak for rumours and some of the others but ff 7 is just a remake far away from release and ff 15 looks meh.

also: "Dragon Quest is finally making a jump back to consoles with DQ Heroes 1 and 2"

dragon quest never left home consoles, wii got DQ X + spin offs and Wii U got DQ X.

S E got their mojo back.. not sure where it went, but they found it again.

edit:

I get the feeling S E does best when Sony does, and vice versa.

Theyre synergies so well that if one does really badly it ll likely effect the other, on the other hand if it goes well.... it can go incredibly well.

Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Final Fantasy VII remake

One will be awesome
One will be just ok
One will cause a riot

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Square is doing a very awesome job in the last months!

Despite all the bruhaha over FF7 Remake IMO S-E's Japanese RPGs won't resonate with Western gamers as much. The realistic graphics will make their RPGs look ridiculous to the Western market IMO. Like the J-Pop boy band look and all that isn't going to fly this gen. 90s/early 2000s are over. 

I still also think Nintendo's 3DS successor is what will dominate in Japan not the PS4. There's maybe 2-3 million who will buy a PS4 for Final Fantasy, and then what? Nintendo will sell 25 million units there. Japan has changed too, in the PS2 hey day Sony did not have to contend with portable 3D games. 

Soundwave said:

Despite all the bruhaha over FF7 Remake IMO S-E's Japanese RPGs won't resonate with Western gamers as much. The realistic graphics will make their RPGs look ridiculous to the Western market IMO. Like the J-Pop boy band look and all that isn't going to fly this gen. 90s/early 2000s are over. 

Its the otherway around... over time S E has been makeing more "normal" and western looking games.

JRPGfan said:
Soundwave said:

Its the otherway around... over time S E has been makeing more "normal" and western looking games.

I don't think FFXV is going to be the game the average American kid looks at and says "yeah this is cool". Doubtful on that. That look works in Japan, but in the US ... not so much. 

In general too I think in the 90s/2000s Square's games were more impressive because they were one of the first studios to really push ahead with CG cutscenes, but today that doesn't impress anyone. Every game has that and what's happened is people have started to notice flaws in the gameplay. 

Soundwave said:
JRPGfan said:

I don't think FFXV is going to be the game the average American kid looks at and says "yeah this is cool". Doubtful on that. That look works in Japan, but in the US ... not so much. 

These faces dont look like anime characters... S E is moveing towards more western friendly graphics: