By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was Square waiting for Sony to get back on top?

It's mind boggling how happy I feel knowing Sony is back on top.. Do I have rose colored glasses on or is PlayStation really the ideal platform to lead the market?

Around the Network

there are quite dominant with both western and japanese lineup. I think it will be their generation

I can't really argue against that. All of these japanese games as of late.... This is gonna be a great gen.

MoHasanie said:

But why did they make Tomb Raider a timed exclusive? Seems like a really dumb thing to do IMO.

That should give a hint of how 1. Scared they were of Uncharted 4 and 2. Just how big the cheque was from micro.

Thanks jlmurph!

I think Wada was Hironobu Sakaguchi best friend.

Around the Network

Then why the Rise of Tomb Raider Xbone (timed) exclusive. So much for Sony being number one and FF7 is heading to PC as well.

Snoorlax said:

Then why the Rise of Tomb Raider Xbone (timed) exclusive. So much for Sony being number one and FF7 is heading to PC as well.

But Sony is still number one. 

And I'm talking more about their Japanese output rather than what's going on with Eidos. Keep up with the discussion please. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Snoorlax said:

And I'm talking more about their Japanese output rather than what's going on with Eidos. Keep up with the discussion please. 

I admit that Ps4 has some exciting games coming up in 2016 especially The Last Guardian.

But after E3 i think PC is just killing it getting the best from both console exclusives like Street Fighter V, Rise of Tomb Raider, FF7,Shenmue 3 and Killer Instinct.

Finally people are starting to realize that PC is the true way to game. Someday we might even see Nintendo games on PC.

Snoorlax said:
Fusioncode said:
Snoorlax said:

I admit that Ps4 has some exciting games coming up in 2016 especially The Last Guardian.

But after E3 i think PC is just killing it getting the best from both console exclusives like Street Fighter V, Rise of Tomb Raider, FF7,Shenmue 3 and Killer Instinct.

Finally people are starting to realize that PC is the true way to game. Someday we might even see Nintendo games on PC.

That's great but I'm not sure what PC has to do with the thread. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Snoorlax said:
Fusioncode said:
Snoorlax said:

That's great but I'm not sure what PC has to do with the thread. 

Well, like i said both FF7 and Tomb Raider will eventually come to PC and the latter is first exclusive on XOne so Square Enix (both Japan and Western divisions) is not exactly back in the game just because Sony is on top again if that were the case they would have been limiting their games as playstation exclusives like back in the ps1, ps2 days.

Tho PC has no big role in this its just something that needs to be mentioned.