By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could GRAND THEFT AUTO be PLAYSTATION Timed Exclusive again?

Could GRAND THEFT AUTO become PLAYSTATION exclusive again?

Yes its coming........hahahahaha 73 29.67%

No way,microsoft will never let it happen 173 70.33%

Total:246
enlightenedmaster said:
ReactiveLeek44 said:

First off, the XB1 isn't bombing.  It's tracking ahead fo the 360.  It only appears to be bombing due to the massive sales of the PS4.  Secondly, Sony's E3 conference was full of niche titles, multiplats, and games that won't release until 2016 and beyond (except for Uncharted which is mainstream).  If you haven't noticed, the PS4's exclusives for the rest of the year are indies, remakes, and niche titles.  Those don't sell consoles, sorry to tell you the truth. 

Microsoft had an awesome E3 and showed that they're dedicated to the XB1 by showing 7 exlusive titles that are coming to XB1 this holiday season.  I don't understand why people are downplaying that.  Microsoft is making a comeback, whether you like it or not.  

well after 360 lead and destroying plsyation brand equity from ps2 days.being outsold 2:1 after MS has spent $15billion on XBOX brand is called BOMBING

tracking ahaead of 360 means nothing.PS4 exlcusives for rest of the year may be lacking but they have MGS5,BATMAN,CALL OF DUTY,BATTLEFRONT,ASSASSINS CREED,HTIMAN Bundle,DLC and MArketing.theat should be more than enough......hehe.And they might still have FINAL FNATASY 15 2015 release and a PRICE CUT.They will sell many more consoles than XBONE,its main competitor with only one main solid franchise that is HALO5 and even that may be down as HALO has been milked to death over the last 10years.

Microsoft are making a comback.......................lmao.Maybe you didn't watch SONY press conference

maybe if SONY wasn't having a price cut,uncharted in march 2016 or any of the exlcusive deals with third party and no FF7,LAST GUARDIAN ,SHENMUE then you could say MS is making a comeback but no way they are now

Just stop please.  Work on your English before trying to pick fights with people, it'll make you sound like you know what you're talking about.  

I did watch Sony's conference and I thought they did a good job giving gamers what they want...in 2016 and beyond.  A lot of their conference was simply fan service games and magician's hand- look at all of the games we have in 2016 and beyond because we have nothing in 2015 but remakes and indies.  Fan service games are for the niche crowd and not the masses.  I don't understand why you can't grasp that concept. 

I'll say it once again, the Xbox brand isn't bombing.  It is flourishing in the markets where they have designed it to, the US and other key European markets.  Stop trying to justify your investment in the Playstation brand, it's pathetic and unfruitful. 

User was moderated for this post - Zekkyou

Around the Network

Well, After Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake and The Last Guardian got announced at the same time, I believe anything can happen. Even the announcement of Half-Life 3 wouldn't Shock me anymore. Anything is possible.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I couldn't vote no because I don't agree with the option. For me it's a now way because R* would never give up that kind of money, and Sony would never pay out that kind of money. MS doesn't even need to worry or think about it.

What Sony should do is pay R* to do a spin off exclusive to Vita, that's the platform that could do with a shot in the arm from a GTA title.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

enlightenedmaster said:
Landguy said:

If you look at how many games are releasing for PS4 and PC only, then you might have a different opinion...

thats just to let publishers release on another platform and make more money,thats it

even if its PC,the sales are PC are not big enough to make PC a bigger platform than XBONE

I guarantee that Sony's third Party console exclusive titles but still making it onto the PC is because they do not own the IP, but have publishing rights.

i.e  - Shenmue, FFVII, SFV

When Sony own's the IP from third party developers it will not see the light of day on the PC.

i.e. - Infamous SS, The Order1886, Bloodborne

X1 versions would have to sell 100k-200k for Rockstar (2K) to even consider that. Too much money to be left on the table.

Thanks jlmurph!

Around the Network

The ANSWER is NO.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

enlightenedmaster said:
estebxx said:
no, the biggest IP in the world is not going to become exclusive, (Heck not even FF7 is exclusive even though it used to be and the VAST majority of fans game on PS, although we still dont know what other platform it will head after if it will be X1 or PC or both)

FF7 is exclsuive as SONY is part owner of Final Fnatasy 7 and it wouldn't come to XBONE and they could cancel PC versions and as it is who is gonna buy FF7 on PC

well that would be a hughe deal for Sony if they really have a part of FF7 and it doesnt come to X1, so im gonna ask you:

do you have any proof of this?

and

even if it doesnt come to X1 it still on PC, so yes it would be a big deal as a console exclusive but not as much as a full exclusive, that being said i doubt they can cancel a PC version, i mean why would they do that? they didnt do it for SFV so why for FF7?

i think it would be in their best interest to have it as a full exclusive but this companies seem to think that PC isnt competition when in reality it is, there are many PC gamers out there that arent buying consoles because they can get the games they want on the PC and if Sony and Microsoft keep doing this console exclusive deals, instead of full exclusives then this PC gamers may never end up buying a console becuase they can get those games on PC.

and just to be clear im not trying to argue with you, i just want to know were are you getting that information regarding FF7

Not GTA, but it's possible Sony could buy the exclusive rights to release Red Dead Redemption 2.

No.