By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could GRAND THEFT AUTO be PLAYSTATION Timed Exclusive again?

Could GRAND THEFT AUTO become PLAYSTATION exclusive again?

Yes its coming........hahahahaha 73 29.67%

No way,microsoft will never let it happen 173 70.33%

Total:246
plip.plop said:

I guarantee that Sony's third Party console exclusive titles but still making it onto the PC is because they do not own the IP, but have publishing rights.

i.e  - Shenmue, FFVII, SFV

When Sony own's the IP from third party developers it will not see the light of day on the PC.

i.e. - Infamous SS, The Order1886, Bloodborne

not necessarily

After FINAL FANTASY XIII series late release on PC and mediocre sales,they could easily cancel it

Around the Network
binary solo said:
I couldn't vote no because I don't agree with the option. For me it's a now way because R* would never give up that kind of money, and Sony would never pay out that kind of money. MS doesn't even need to worry or think about it.

What Sony should do is pay R* to do a spin off exclusive to Vita, that's the platform that could do with a shot in the arm from a GTA title.

Spending money on VITA would be ridiculous as its a dead console

they might be better off spending that money on their Mobile Offerings

LipeJJ said:
enlightenedmaster said:

yeah cause they might release it as a timed exclusive for PS4 and then let Square Enix release on PC

SFV i dodn't know but if SONY is funding it then noway it will go to XBONE,PC can easily be cancelled,who plays mash-ups on PC.

Never said SFV would come to XB1... cause it wont. Just said PC, cause it was even announced many times before. Also, the bolded is not even an argument, gee... maybe you don't know, but SF community is big on PC for years now.

well is that why Consoles version of all STREET FIGHTER games have outsold PC version 5-6:1

PC might have a big fan base as STREET FIGHTER is an old legendary franchise but it is pretty much a CONSOLE game

ReactiveLeek44 said:

Just stop please.  Work on your English before trying to pick fights with people, it'll make you sound like you know what you're talking about.  

I did watch Sony's conference and I thought they did a good job giving gamers what they want...in 2016 and beyond.  A lot of their conference was simply fan service games and magician's hand- look at all of the games we have in 2016 and beyond because we have nothing in 2015 but remakes and indies.  Fan service games are for the niche crowd and not the masses.  I don't understand why you can't grasp that concept. 

I'll say it once again, the Xbox brand isn't bombing.  It is flourishing in the markets where they have designed it to, the US and other key European markets.  Stop trying to justify your investment in the Playstation brand, it's pathetic and unfruitful. 

ENGLISH doesn't make you better at fights and debates.if that would be the case then USA would have caught a CAVE DEWELLER pretty easily.........hehe

and my ENGLISH is more than enought to debate on the internet...........don't be stupid and childish and nitpick

FINAL FANTASY 7,CALL OF DUTY,BATTLEFRONT,ASSASSINS CREED are not just fan service but pretty damn mainstream and titles that can give a Console a generation's win.

Grasp the consept.............lol.i don't think you are much experienced in CONSOLE WARFARE.

XBOX brand as a whole might not be bombind becuase of 360 success and MICROSOFT's BIG Pockets but it is pretty low at the moment and doesn't look good for the future

FLOURISHING...............lmao

Its not that they are flourishing in UK and USA because they are designed for those places but as USA-UK are main part of the Anglo-American Empire and media and language is same there and cultures also might come together,If MICROSOFT just designed it for UK-USA then it has to be pretty damn RETARDED and i don't have much hope for MICROSOFT as a company and XBOX.

i'm not justifying my investment.its not even an investment,its just $399.thats cheap like a candy

i play all across and gears,halo,mass effect,mario,zelda are some of my fav games

okr said:
The PC version was only released in April and already sold at least 2.5 million copies, i.e. GTA V sells like hotcakes on all systems released. It would even sell excellently on Wii U.

In other words: No.

2.5million compared to 51million on CONSOLES looks tiny and ROCKSTAR wouldn't care much for that little amount

which will as it is come 1 year later on XBONE and PC easily and no matter if PS4 has GTA6 exclusive,PC is no way getting the game with PS4 and XBONE launch

just leave the WiiU out,don't joke.the way GTA ChinaWars bombed on NDS pretty much sums it up that Nintendo will have to do GRAND changes to bring GTA to their consoles

Around the Network
Blob said:
This is why it's bad when one console sells disproportionally more than the others. There is no way this should happen

no it isn't isn't.it shows how bad a company wants to win and puts all wait behind it

also its makes other companies even step it u more

And the BIGGEST point,Dominant console brings more innovative and ground-breaking grahpics and games which when their are multiple consoles is hard as they have to compromise the quality and the game never achives that WOW factor

if you see PS3 exclusives outright outperformed X360 exclusives

AbbathTheGrim said:
Nah, no fucking way. If there is one third party game that Sony cannot afford to make exclusive is this one, I'd say.

Maybe Micro could, if the gaming division could procure a special and huge amount of money from the company.

the way its going they would need to pay as low as $100 million or as high as $200-300million OR they would just put $200million for marketing GTA6 which they would as it is do even if it was multiplatform so its actually not charging them atall

thats chunk change for what it would do not just for PLAYSTAION as a brand but also SONY

and thats if they don't already have an exlcusive deal with ROCKSTAR

cantaim said:
enlightenedmaster said:

FF7 is exclsuive as SONY is part owner of Final Fnatasy 7 and it wouldn't come to XBONE and they could cancel PC versions and as it is who is gonna buy FF7 on PC

As for STREET FIGHTER 6,I didn't know SONY funded it.if they did,again it wouldn't come to XBONE and PC could be canceled and as it is who is gonna play it on PC

so the argument it null and void

Like I'm genuinly curious who told you this?  Like did you come to this conclusion from interviews or financial reports or was it from a guy who knows a guy that has a aunt that works at sony or was it the fact that sice it was revialed at the sony conferance it has to be somewhat owned by them?  Cause last time I checked the only people who own the IP rights to final fantasy 7 is square themselves.  I mean the most likely situation if it is a "playstaion exclusive" is that they struck a deal with square to help develop and advertise the remake aslong as they dont bring the game to other competing consoles.  Leaving it to be sold on both computers and potentially Iphones when squares streaming service gets up to snuff and is able to handle streaming it.  But if that were the case it wouldnt be much of an exclusive since it would also be on two other platforms that vastly out number ps4 in terms of users.

SQUARESOFT,the developer of FINAL FNTASY series has had many financial problems in the past and SONY has helped them financially numerous number of times and also had a stake in the company as a whole which they sold last year

they helped them with FINAL FANTASY 7 development and funding,it is widely know.just google it

Thats why FINAL FANTASY 7 has never come to XBOX or Nintendo Consoles even after all these years.

Also even  PS4 and PC or iOS exclusive is pretty much a PS4 exclusive.FINAL FANTASY is pretty much a PLAYSTATION franchise and you don't know about gaming it you think iOS and PC will put a dent in FF7 PS4 sales

Even if is skips Xbone or future MS consoles it will still go to PC.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

tl;dr thread

Timed exclusivity is always a possibility, but I doubt they would go fully exclusive.

My 8th gen collection