By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could GRAND THEFT AUTO be PLAYSTATION Timed Exclusive again?

Could GRAND THEFT AUTO become PLAYSTATION exclusive again?

Yes its coming........hahahahaha 73 29.67%

No way,microsoft will never let it happen 173 70.33%

Total:246
Landguy said:
Is the OP really just theDrill? Are these ideas globally in the US?

OT: NO. Too much money for even MS to consider...

nope i'm not that guy

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Its of course "possible" but no. I do not think Rockstar are the type of company who can even be bought out, ad even if they could the amount they would ask for in terms of exclusivity would beyond what sony could realistically offer. Anything sony could offer, MS would beat....Expect some timed exclusive DLC but nothing more

lol

ROCKSTAR took money for AGENT,LA NOIRE,GTA4,GTA5 from SONY and MICROSOFT

the way its going they would need to pay as low as $100 million or as high as $200-300million OR they would just put $200million for marketing GTA6 which they would as it is do even if it was multiplatform so its actually not charging them atall

thats chunk change for what it would do not just for PLAYSTAION as a brand but also SONY

and thats if they don't already have an exlcusive deal with ROCKSTAR

Sorry, that's too long to read.... 

enlightenedmaster said:
LipeJJ said:
No, they coudn't make a remake exclusive (FFVII), or a game like Street Fighter, which they funded, exclusive. So why would they be able to make the biggest third party title ever exclusive? Pretty impossible.

FF7 is exclsuive as SONY is part owner of Final Fnatasy 7 and it wouldn't come to XBONE and they could cancel PC versions and as it is who is gonna buy FF7 on PC

As for STREET FIGHTER 6,I didn't know SONY funded it.if they did,again it wouldn't come to XBONE and PC could be canceled and as it is who is gonna play it on PC

so the argument it null and void

Yeah, FF7 is so exclusive that even in the trailer it says "Play it first on PS4". Meaning: it will eventually come to, at least, 1 other platform (PC or something). It's the same thing with SFV... it's confirmed to be released on PC and I doubt they will cancel it, unless you have a strong argument that nobody knows to support that theory, of course.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

enlightenedmaster said:
kitler53 said:
make it ps4/pc. rockstar gets money out of sony for "exclusivity" and xbox guys are happy cause windows is a microsoft platform. hell, by the time GTA releases they'll probably be able to stream all their pc games to xbox,.. it's just like having it on xbox anyways.

it's a win/windows10 situation.

i talked about TIMED exclusive

AFTER 1 YEAR,it will be on XBONE and PC anyways.

and no way is PC platform ahead of XBONE

If you look at how many games are releasing for PS4 and PC only, then you might have a different opinion...

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
Lol never Sony would have to spend a billion to get it as a full exclusive and they couldn't even do that for Shenmue 3,Street Fighter V and FF7re.

the way its going they would need to pay as low as $100 million or as high as $200-300million OR they would just put $200million for marketing GTA6 which they would as it is do even if it was multiplatform so its actually not charging them atall

thats chunk change for what it would do not just for PLAYSTAION as a brand but also SONY

and thats if they don't already have an exlcusive deal with ROCKSTAR

STREET FIGHTER 6,FINAL FANTASY 7,SHENMUE 3 are all PS4 exclusive and not coming to XBONE and PC version could be cancelled and as it is nobody is gonna play those games on PC

BraLoD said:
enlightenedmaster said:

all public yessssssssssssssss but all public can easily go in one or the other direction and public runs behind anything thats popular and many times to anything lenghts as public is crazy

more people on XB.....................hehe,GTA doesn't sell half as much on PC as on XB or PS

GTA easily make sense as it would win a manufacturer console race,today it makes more sense than MGS which is outright PS franchise even if it is multiplat and even FF is a PS franchise but with MGS niche sales and FF decline,GTA make more sense by a long shot

No it does not.

Rockstar is the one that interests matters in this case, and it's so big everywhere that it would make no sense to take it from them, it simply would bring them less money and would be a stupidy decision, it's sales outside of PS are more than enough to cover porting and be very profitable and also they can and get huge marketing deals without the need of proving exclusivity.

Again, it's the franchise with maybe the less chance or sense to be exclusive, together with CoD.

It would be noway make them less money,nota penny less.don't you have analytical or prectictive knowledge that you can't make that out as i have explained clearly.

and i never said they should never release on other platforms

they wouldn't get marketing deals without any exclusivity,thats stupid.with its history and value,its easily a franchise people would want as an exclusive

Landguy said:

If you look at how many games are releasing for PS4 and PC only, then you might have a different opinion...

thats just to let publishers release on another platform and make more money,thats it

even if its PC,the sales are PC are not big enough to make PC a bigger platform than XBONE

LipeJJ said:

Yeah, FF7 is so exclusive that even in the trailer it says "Play it first on PS4". Meaning: it will eventually come to, at least, 1 other platform (PC or something). It's the same thing with SFV... it's confirmed to be released on PC and I doubt they will cancel it, unless you have a strong argument that nobody knows to support that theory, of course.

yeah cause they might release it as a timed exclusive for PS4 and then let Square Enix release on PC

SFV i dodn't know but if SONY is funding it then noway it will go to XBONE,PC can easily be cancelled,who plays mash-ups on PC.

enlightenedmaster said:
LipeJJ said:

yeah cause they might release it as a timed exclusive for PS4 and then let Square Enix release on PC

SFV i dodn't know but if SONY is funding it then noway it will go to XBONE,PC can easily be cancelled,who plays mash-ups on PC.

Never said SFV would come to XB1... cause it wont. Just said PC, cause it was even announced many times before. Also, the bolded is not even an argument, gee... maybe you don't know, but SF community is big on PC for years now.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won