By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is it possible that The Last Guardian might be.............. boring?

After the excitement that this game finally exists wore off and I was watching the gameplay I was slightly underwhelmed as to the gameplay that was being shown. I mean I figured there would some combat and you would have the ability to command the bird dog to interact with the enviroment or other characters/enemies if not control it while you traverse the sky temple. And now it seems there might not even be combat in this game at all which is fine too but I just can't help feel let down with what I saw. Thoughts?

Around the Network

I'm not sold, but it is unique enough to keep me interested.

ihatefatkatz said:
I'm not sold, but it is unique enough to keep me interested.

Sounds like we're in the same boat. :/

ofc. its 8 years old suff.
have to prove its a modern game with modern gameplay first

right now, all are just hyped, becuase its alive
i does not look very good. it does not have proofen anything than expectatios

If Ico came out today we'd say the same thing. I say wait to see more gameplay. I'm sure it'll be great.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

TBH after boy was shouting 'Huuuugo?' for tenth time during 2 minutes video I was ready to break his neck. Not sure how it will be possible to tolerate it for 8-9 hours game. Also the animations were quite clunky, boy dropping into the environments... WTF were they doing all these years?

Sharu said:
TBH after boy was shouting 'Huuuugo?' for tenth time during 2 minutes video I was ready to break his neck. Not sure how it will be possible to tolerate it for 8-9 hours game. Also the animations were quite clunky, boy dropping into the environments... WTF were they doing all these years?

Yea, that was really getting to me.

when i saw the ICO trailer years ago i thought it was boring as well, and then i played the game and realized how wrong i was, this games from team ICO are very unique and after playing the previous two i have no worries with TLG

Well when the ICO collection came out a few years ago that was the first time I played anything from them. It really lived up to the hype for me. When I am in the mood for an artsy solitude type of game it's perfect. It's a "Journey" type of game for me. It's not a thrill ride but we have other games for that. It's something that's there when you get the itch. These type of games have their place and I can't wait to finally play it.

armin_m said:
ofc. its 8 years old suff.
have to prove its a modern game with modern gameplay first

Huh..no. Modern gameplay is boring. TLG is the opposite of boring.