By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony really is funding Shenmue 3

“So we set a goal for $2 million dollars and if the fans come in and back it, then absolutely we are going to make this a reality,” he added. “Sony and PlayStation are definitely a partner in this game.

“And it's going to be run through third party production and we're going to help YS Net get the game done.” Corsi said. “And we are going to be partners the whole way and we're really excite to see this come out in a couple of years.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-sony-is-funding-shenmue-3-development

I knew they were just testing the waters with Kickstarter.

Around the Network

kinda weird that they were testing the water honestly. but i guess that settles the platforms then. PS4 and PC only.

Maybe theyll just use the 2 mil for polishing and marketing the game.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

bananaking21 said:
kinda weird that they were testing the water honestly. but i guess that settles the platforms then. PS4 and PC only.

I don't blame them honestly. The last 2 games financially raped Sega.

BraLoD said:
But of course, the crowdfunding will help with money, but Sony will throw the big buck on it.
The Kickstarter page was always stating it would be PS4 and PC, ans only PC has the physical copy as a reward, so it's most likely money to grant it'll have money to port it to PC, and the lack of the physical PS4 versions was a strong hint Sony would be publishing it.

It wouldn't be on Sony E3 stage if Sony wasn't involved with it.

WTF??? Why wouldn't it have a physical PS4 release. That's retarded...

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

the first two games was never on playstation, so it makes sense.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
BraLoD said:
Mystro-Sama said:
BraLoD said:
But of course, the crowdfunding will help with money, but Sony will throw the big buck on it.
The Kickstarter page was always stating it would be PS4 and PC, ans only PC has the physical copy as a reward, so it's most likely money to grant it'll have money to port it to PC, and the lack of the physical PS4 versions was a strong hint Sony would be publishing it.

WTF??? Why wouldn't it have a physical PS4 release. That's retarded...

At Kickstarter it does not, go check it.

As I said, the reason would most,likely be Sony funding it and publising the game, so it'll have a PS4 physical version when it's coming to the PS4 that Sony would publish itself.

I guess that would make sense but hearing "no physical PS4 version" just sounds ridiculous. lol

It was pretty obvious they were gauging interest so at least we have confirmation that Sony is indeed funding this game

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Testing the water for a big company with kickstarter...
Don't know how to feel about this one.

BraLoD said:

The Kickstarter campaign page misleadingly stated that they "had not yet determined" if the game would be coming to Wii U and Xbox One.

As Sony planned to fully back the game if it reached 2m (which was the breaking point to fund the project at all), that information was completely fraudulent and misleading. An investigation into the actual arrangement between Ys and Sony needs to be undertaken, as Kickstarter policy is quite clear in stating that the entirety of the production plan has to be disclosed to backers from the very beginning - spelled out in detail, on the campaign page. 

I'm beginning to suspect that Kickstarter was complicit in the whole affair, which needs to be addressed by a consumer advocacy firm. This could very well end up costing Sony a lot more than the few millions they've stolen from trusting backers. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7