By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Stop with the childishness. Seriously

It's just Sony fanboy stroking *snip*

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
It doesn't make any sense. If a group of people defends Nintendo for every fucking decision they make (which many users, including myself, do), those people get called fanboys. But then when most of those same people turn around and finally start getting upset at the decisions Nintendo is making, they get called childish (among many other things)?

Care to explain why *snip*

Their poor conference deserves calling out. For my part they announced literally nothing new of any significant interest and Starfox, a once big franchise, looks like it has been afforded a very modest budget.

Given this is the biggest show of the year, that's not really acceptable. I understand that there may be unannounced titles for early next year, but seeing as the console is already on shaky ground and they clearly don't have any new, substantial games to show off......You can't blame people for getting nervous.

I don't believe every single game needs to be a big budget, hyped to the moon, endeavour but Nintendo have to realise that hype is part of the game and they must do better in this regard. If you don't give people information, they are going to fill in the blanks themselves. I'm an optimistic person but even when I fill in the blanks, the WiiU's writing is on the wall.

I loved the puppets, at least. They were fantastic.

For the first time ever in my life, I am more excited about the upcoming Sony releases than Nintendo. I simply have no interest in anything Nintendo showcased. This pisses me off immensely.

Around the Network

You have to understand, two fatal blow arent easy to bear. First zelda U delayed for who knows when and now the horrible E3. If I was a fan, I would have been mad as well. They have the right to vent out.

E3 is the straw that broke the camels back. People are tired of game droughts and more Mario spin offs and now zelda spin offs. They want variety and new IPs.

All this E3 does is basically tell fans Nintendo have not learned shit from all their complaints.

Also it isn't so much about pleasing the Nintendo gamer who owns the hardware, they need to be able to please and wow gamers on the fence who want to buy one. Their presentation will make them go fuck this shit.

Also sure Nintendo may have said we will focus on games coming out but you can't just drop future games all together. Most people do not watch Nintendo directs but they do watch E3 to see what surprises will come from all three console makers. You can't treat E3 as a normal direct it needs to be treated like future sales depend on it.

I am truly sorry about having certain expectations regarding game announces during E3, which is one time a year, and being depressed about the fact that they spend 15 minutes talking about amiibo and Yoshi and Mario Maker while they did exactly the same at last year's E3. And then also waist 10 minutes for a game truly nobody cares about called Skylanders. And then shows off an HD Animal Crossing and it turns out to be a freaking Mario Party rip off that is only playable with amiibo (this was probably the worst part of the presentation, as Nintendo knows we want a real Animal Crossing, this was literally playing with our feelings). And then show off an ugly as fuck Metroid multiplayer game which is basically an indirect message to us that the series is going to die. And then end with the most cringeworthy Mario-song 'remix'.

My deepest apologies.

I think it was a poor presentation with some good games in it, but I'm not going to throw my toys out of the pram.

I'll make a decision on NX when I see what NX is, how much it costs and what games will be coming out on it. Writing it off before then is ludicrous, as far as I see it. I have the same attitude with any console. If it has enough games on it I want to play, and is affordable for me, then I will buy it.

I'll say that the releases this year are not too bad, but the event was underwhelming. X and Yoshi shown for third straight year in a row, no major announcements, and no Zelda footage is confusing (I know they've announced that way before but still). You'd have expected after showing some games before E3 and choosing not to show Zelda that they'd have a lot of content for the event, far far from the case.

3DS lineup and announcements were decent though