By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Waaaay under the radar: World of FINAL FANTASY sounds a lot like POKEMON. Expanding on 13-2 Monster system?

World of Final Fantasy first details, screenshots
posted on 06.16.15 at 03:39 PM EDT by Sal Romano (@salromano)
Lead a pair of twins through varied Final Fantasy worlds.

image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/WoFF-Details-Screens.jpg

Square Enix shared first details on World of Final Fantasy, coming to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in 2016, during its E3 2015 press conference.

The game aims to expand the Final Fantasy universe to a new generation of players, who will collect, raise, and take into battle the monsters of Final Fantasy lore.

World of Final Fantasy combines classic RPG mechanics with toy-like visuals. Players will lead a pair of twins through varied Final Fantasy worlds and encounter familiar monsters therein. Monsters such as cactuar, chocobo, and behemoth can be captured and raised, and alternate forms discovered.

One of the game’s key features its “stacking” ability, which lets the siblings adjust their size, tuning from small enough to jump on to monsters during combat, to big enough to have the monsters ride on the twins. By customizing and stacking an army of monsters, players can create strategic tower combinations and take on the most challenging enemies.

If you missed it, catch the debut trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/06/world-final-fantasy-first-details-screenshots#SIswxrstqgTt5kqp.99

Around the Network

im actually very excited for this game. I've seen most hate on it :(

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Never heard of this till now, but it does look a bit interesting

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Whoa seems legit, game play elements like Legend of Legaia it seems.

Yea, no one seems to give it shit. It look promising though. And is everything chibi?

Around the Network

Hopefully this is as good a spin off as tactics.

yea this one quietly slipped in right before ff7.. lol pretty easy to get forgoten lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Not Pokemon, but Dragon Quest Joker. Both are very similar, but they have distinction to be separate.

Mystro-Sama said:
Yea, no one seems to give it shit. It look promising though. And is everything chibi?

No, actually the monsters and characters can change size. Example characters go chibi to ride on monsters or bird monster goes chibi to fly characters. Sounds interesting.

It's too adorable. I'm more hyped for this than for the FF7 remake. And I'm not ashamed to admit that the music made me cry a little!