By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yup, not buying a Nintendo system again

I used to be a Ninty junkie, SNES, Game Boy Colour, N64, Gamecube, GBA. But Curl now is me after the Gamecube days. Being a high school kid and not being able to play San Andreas and being an RPG junkie and not being able to play the next installment in one of my favourite franchises Grandia 3, adding with it not being able to play Final Fantasy X or XII and watching everyone around me enjoying the shit out of those games. Don't get me wrong, Smash melee was the business and that kept me riding the Gamecube out, but Nintendos system and my taste for games just slowly went their separate ways.

Edit: Somehow forgot to type N64 and I did also play some DS and I also tried to get into the 3DS but sold it as handhelds just ain't for me anymore.

Thanks jlmurph!

Around the Network

Sounds stupid. you are free to dislike a current console but you cannot speak about the future. and if you are a gamer, it's not like you'll be better off buying another console.

I hope you come to regret those words.

Alt removed -RavenXtra

BreedinBull said:
I used to be a Ninty junkie, SNES, Game Boy Colour, Gamecube, GBA. But Curl now is me after the Gamecube days. Being a high school kid and not being able to play San Andreas and being an RPG junkie and not being able to play the next installment in one of my favourite franchises Grandia 3, adding with it not being able to play Final Fantasy X or XII and watching everyone around me enjoying the shit out of those games. Don't get me wrong, Smash melee was the business and that kept me riding the Gamecube out, but Nintendos system and my taste for games just slowly went their separate ways.

My tastes and Nintendo's haven't really gone separate ways at all, I still adore their games, I've just grown sick of them jerking me around.

I don't disagree with the OP. Nintendo is taking advantage of their fans by assuming that while we are mad now, we will all jump back on board as soon as they mention the words Zelda or Metroid on the NX. The fact is that there is a certain point where the abuse becomes too much and people lose confidence in a company and I believe that Nintendo is at that point.

Nintendo did a criminal job when it came to attracting 3rd party support on the Wii U. At the very least, they needed to give their fans a decent amount of quality first party titles while Sony and Microsoft fans were getting Destiny and Fall Out. Instead we get no Metroid, no true 3D Super Mario Game, and a Zelda U release that will be at most an after-thought... I never liked the Nintendoom talk, but seeing Nintendo now compromising its values and dropping the one strength they had over the competition... quality first party titles, really tells me that this company is in its dying days.

I will not give the NX a chance if I do not feel satisfied at the end of the Wii U's life. Nintendo is wreaking of mid-90's Sega right now and if they are willing to throw me under the bus as a loyal Wii U owner, how do I know that they won't do the same if the NX isn't super successful.

Curl I think I know the solution for your problem, you really do need buy Nintendo products in year 3 or 4 at the $200 price range and have PC/PS4 (year 2 into that generation) as your main console.

I been Sony-Nintendo fan (since gen 5), and trust me it lets you mellow out expectations. Namely since Sony has long range announcements and nintendo does short term announcements. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
BHR-3 said:
me too i stopped with GC i was once a nintendo fan back in the 90s i enjoyed my nes, snes and even n64 i like there exclusive mario games aswell but once i got older none of there SW appealed to me any more

Oh Nintendo's software still appeal to me just fine, in fact I think they're still the best game developer in the business, in terms of the quality of their flagship titles.

I just can't stand all the extra baggage; the droughts, the lies, the Amiibo debacle, their stubborn refusal to listen to what gamers actually want.

gee , it was just a bad E3, get over it. they focused on 2015 and early 2016 releases. lack of more 2016 announcements was the bad part.

I still have hope for Nintendo. They have been disappointing all of us for quite some time this generation, and I understand your sediments. However, my hope comes purely from an entertainment standpoint. Yes, this generation wasn't kind to Nintendo, but they did this to themselves. As a result, many of us can agree they won't be obtaining a free pass. The anonymity in terms of marketing the Wii U really let the system down.

At the same token, their first party catalogue is stellar. Many of their AAA games were great to absolutely enjoyable. While some of the new IP, like Splatoo is the new kid, their old games still work due to their continual evolutionevolution; Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 being absolute highlights.

At the end of the day Curl, I am not disagreeing with your decision. As Omec from "Legends Of The Hidden Temple" once said "The choices are yours and yours alone." Either way, I hope your path towards greener pastures yield success!

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

curl-6 said:

I'm not dead yet, though I accept with great sorrow that I may need to be removed from Dengle's sig.

I wanted so badly to keep loving Nintendo, but it's like loving a drug addict, no matter how much you defend them, they'll always let you down, and in the end, your love can't fix them.

It's cool. Where to next? Xbone or PS4 or...Ouya baby. 

What Nintendo needs to do is grow some balls and face up to the fact that whether they like it or not and whether they admit it or not, they are in direct competition with other home console companies. And then they need to go all in with confidence and not falter.they have all the big guns they need, they just don't seem to have the guts to go in full steam.

green_sky said:
curl-6 said:

I'm not dead yet, though I accept with great sorrow that I may need to be removed from Dengle's sig.

I wanted so badly to keep loving Nintendo, but it's like loving a drug addict, no matter how much you defend them, they'll always let you down, and in the end, your love can't fix them.

It's cool. Where to next? Xbone or PS4 or...Ouya baby. 

Haven't decided yet. I'll wait and see what the situation is by the time my Wii U ride comes to an end, which will probably be towards the end of next year.