By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Starfox Zero's graphics are bad

Star Fox really is super ugly. Which is a shame.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:

You've been comparing SFZ with other games the entire time. This thread is literally titled, "Why Starfox Zero's graphics are bad." I fail to see where we're getting off topic here. I made one offhand comment about your avatar and you're ready to turn that into a strawman, but nice try (and I wasn't referring to TM 2012's graphics anyway). But if you're ready to drop this conversation, then you can just simply answer my original question. Do you have a release date for us? You said this earlier: "It should be a 20 bucks digital game at most with this level of rushing and complete disrespect for the franchise."

So you're either implying:

A) The build that was shown was hastily thrown together to have something to show for E3, therefore it is unpolished and isn't indicative of what the final product wil be.

B) The game is being rushed to completion. How you would have knowledge of this, I do not know. But you also said the game will likely release next year. That's plenty of time to spruce things up.

I would have thought that Super Mario 3D Land would have taught everyone not to write a game off based on a cobbled-together E3 presentation for a game far from release, but I should know by now that nothing ever changes.

A) When you show a game looking absolutely horrendous like that, it means that you aren't polishing it. Nobody shows a GC-graphics demo for a game that will look like a current gen one. It will look a bit better when it releases, but it will still be behind most PS360 games. However, some journalists alreayd played the game. That means that it isn't that much in early stage, since it's already playable enough to be shown to the press.

B) That's completely obvious looking to the terrible visuals and artwork. If you think that 1 year is enough to take that and put it in acceptable 2015 levels, you aren't being reasonable.

You are expecting a miracle of one of the most shameful and terrible demos displayed on E3 for a big franchise. It doesn't needs polishing. It need to be canceled or delayed to their next console and redone from scratch.

It's so freaking empty, with shitty graphics like that they should be able to put a lot of things on screen.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

torok said:
burninmylight said:

You've been comparing SFZ with other games the entire time. This thread is literally titled, "Why Starfox Zero's graphics are bad." I fail to see where we're getting off topic here. I made one offhand comment about your avatar and you're ready to turn that into a strawman, but nice try (and I wasn't referring to TM 2012's graphics anyway). But if you're ready to drop this conversation, then you can just simply answer my original question. Do you have a release date for us? You said this earlier: "It should be a 20 bucks digital game at most with this level of rushing and complete disrespect for the franchise."

So you're either implying:

A) The build that was shown was hastily thrown together to have something to show for E3, therefore it is unpolished and isn't indicative of what the final product wil be.

B) The game is being rushed to completion. How you would have knowledge of this, I do not know. But you also said the game will likely release next year. That's plenty of time to spruce things up.

I would have thought that Super Mario 3D Land would have taught everyone not to write a game off based on a cobbled-together E3 presentation for a game far from release, but I should know by now that nothing ever changes.

A) When you show a game looking absolutely horrendous like that, it means that you aren't polishing it. Nobody shows a GC-graphics demo for a game that will look like a current gen one. It will look a bit better when it releases, but it will still be behind most PS360 games. However, some journalists alreayd played the game. That means that it isn't that much in early stage, since it's already playable enough to be shown to the press.

B) That's completely obvious looking to the terrible visuals and artwork. If you think that 1 year is enough to take that and put it in acceptable 2015 levels, you aren't being reasonable.

You are expecting a miracle of one of the most shameful and terrible demos displayed on E3 for a big franchise. It doesn't needs polishing. It need to be canceled or delayed to their next console and redone from scratch.

I'm not expecting it to suddenly look like a PC game from Crytek on a monster rig with max settings. I'm quite certain that the final game won't blow anyone's hair back from a graphical standpoint. But if you think that Corneria level is indicative of the final product, then I think you're the delusional one. To say that Nintendo, the publisher notorious for taking that extra bit of time to fine tune a game no matter how much we groan, won't polish the game is really showing your unmindfulness. You're making it sound like the game is shipping out on Friday.

Were you saying the same thing about Super Mario 3D Land during its reveal trailer? I seem to remember that game looking much better upon release. Same with Pikmin 3 (which also began life as a Wii game).

Here, I'll go ahead and type your response: "The game is fugly, Dreamcast has better graphics, nothing else matters, _____________ looks better, it won't be polished, not even worth playing." If you were going to type something resembling that, then no need to waste your time. Your mind is made up, so we can end this conversation.

Ok we need to calm down in this thread.
After having a day to properly watch gameplay footage and replay some levels on my 3ds I can safely say the game only looks slightly better than my 3ds version and there is absolutely no way nintendo would release it like that for wiiu.

Ohhh the pain hurts it hurts, just need to bury it deep down inside me.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
cyberninja45 said:

After having a day to properly watch gameplay footage and replay some levels on my 3ds I can safely say the game only looks slightly better than my 3ds version and there is absolutely no way nintendo would release it like that for wiiu.

New Super Mario Bros U looks only slightly better than New Super Mario Bros Wii, and they released that.

curl-6 said:
cyberninja45 said:

New Super Mario Bros U looks only slightly better than New Super Mario Bros Wii, and they released that.

Thanks for the gut punch.

I'm thinking this has to be just place holder graphics just so they can show how the gameplays to public.This game is being made by platinum a studio also known for visual flair with it comes to animation on characters, I mean look at that robot chicken thing this animates like its straight out the snes that can't be right.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

It's strange that the game is that ugly but has also a solid Anti-Aliasing on it. I didn't see any aliasing on all the screens I saw.

cyberninja45 said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks for the gut punch.

I'm thinking this has to be just place holder graphics just so they can show how the gameplays to public.This game is being made by platinum a studio also known for visual flair with it comes to animation on characters, I mean look at that robot chicken thing this animates like its straight out the snes that can't be right.

If it helps, I do expect it will look better at release than it does now.

after watching FAST neo treehouse twice i'm asking myself how good star fox could have looked on wii u.

at least lightyears better.