By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shemue 3 KickStarter Announced

maybe sony is trying the waters first and wants to see it being wanted on its own with real money from gamer before coming and financing the entire project. This is exactly what iga did with bloodstained, he had backers (probably deep silver) but the game had to reach at least 500k $.

The stretch goal of shenmue 3 for some reason has no goal to come other than pc and ps4, just different language translations.

Around the Network

700k+ and counting :DD

Thanks jlmurph!

Stuf is almost reaching 800k already.

Nautilus said:
Already at 550 k under 30 minutes.Its going to reach the goal by end of day definetely

its not enough, if we really want an AAA shenmue 3 it has at least reaching 10 million

Ruler said:
Nautilus said:
Already at 550 k under 30 minutes.Its going to reach the goal by end of day definetely

its not enough, if we really want an AAA shenmue 3 it has at least reaching 10 million

Word around is that Sony struck a deal with the creators and if the game does reach the 2millions, Sony will fund the rest. So basically the Kickstarter is to see if ppl want the game or not.

Around the Network

900k and ticking. Gonna hit 2 mil by time as I'm off to work later today.

Thanks jlmurph!

According to Shinobi, the kickstarter is only being used to gauge market interest in the game. Sony will be funding the rest in exchange for console exclusivity.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Has kickstarter finally jumped the shark?
And will we see re-releases of one and two? Going to be. Bit weird trying to sell 3 when the majority of your market never played the originals

the kickstarter is kicking ass so far

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Roronaa_chan said:
Soundwave said:
I don't think it's exclusive. Just a Kickstarter? Why didn't Sony just finance it? That part seemed lame.

It's PC/PS4

I don't quite get it either. The goal is only 2M. Sony or any other company can easily afford that. Maybe it's a matter of creative control?

It's going to cost more, I'm guessing it to prove there's a market for it?