By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shemue 3 KickStarter Announced

gabzjmm23 said:
Rafie said:

Maybe they want others to play it. Idk? Hehe That would be thoughtful of them, but I don't think they're that generous.

then why would Sony save a slot for Shenmeu on e3 then? Why not just a slot directly to E3 people for a video trailer. Pretty odd.

True. I was just throwing that out there. Happy about this announcement. Will this come to all platforms or just PS4/PC?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

I never understood what the big deal with this game was. And 2 million? The original was the most expensive game of it's time, and only 2 million? Really?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Roronaa_chan said:
Soundwave said:
I don't think it's exclusive. Just a Kickstarter? Why didn't Sony just finance it? That part seemed lame.

It's PC/PS4

I don't quite get it either. The goal is only 2M. Sony or any other company can easily afford that. Maybe it's a matter of creative control?

Probably the issue is with Sega? I mean they do own the IP right?

Shenmue is breaking Kickstarter, its retarded.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
I never understood what the big deal with thisgame was. And 2 million? The original was the most expensive game of it's time, and only 2 million? Really?

Shenmue was a game that pushed bounderies and was especially expensive because it was half developed for the saturn and later had to be redone for the DC. Unreal engine 4 is cheapand Shenmue 3 wont be a game tht will push bounderies unless Sony backs it.

Around the Network
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
I never understood what the big deal with thisgame was. And 2 million? The original was the most expensive game of it's time, and only 2 million? Really?

Have you played the game?  Insanely ahead of its time.  Nothing was close for years.

The first one was so expensive because they were making a lot of the technology from scratch.  Everything was brand new and the R&D means big money.  Nowadays with ready to use engines and stuff, it's not as expensive.

BUT I'm sure in an ideal world Yu Suzuki would love to have a 50 million dollar budget for this game.  But, that's not in the cards.  Better to make the game on a tight budget than never make it.  Of course, this kickstarter will generate a lot more than 2 million.  Bloodstained hit 5 million?  I think Shenmue could do a lot more.  I would absolutely not be surprised if it gets to ten million.

It's about time! 

DakonBlackblade said:
Shenmue is breaking Kickstarter, its retarded.

It wouldn't surprise me if they met the goal by the end of the conference. 

JWeinCom said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Have you played the game?  Insanely ahead of its time.  Nothing was close for years.

The first one was so expensive because they were making a lot of the technology from scratch.  Everything was brand new and the R&D means big money.  Nowadays with ready to use engines and stuff, it's not as expensive.

BUT I'm sure in an ideal world Yu Suzuki would love to have a 50 million dollar budget for this game.  But, that's not in the cards.  Better to make the game on a tight budget than never make it.  Of course, this kickstarter will generate a lot more than 2 million.  Bloodstained hit 5 million?  I think Shenmue could do a lot more.  I would absolutely not be surprised if it gets to ten million.

I don't have a Dreamcaat, and I never saw a copy for Xbox.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

gabzjmm23 said:
Again really weird why ask people to fund for it first then Sony will back it up. Why not Sony funded it in the first place? Need guarantees for what? Anyway people would still donate but it is really weird it is not like Igavania thing...

I'm equally lost.