By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Xbone Backward Compatibility isn't as good as you think.

ethomaz said:

teigaga said:

This is just the preview games. BC doesn't launch officially til the holiday. At which point developers just have to agree to have the games and available and thats that. I presume every dev that isn't making  remaster will put up their relevant games not long after

It is not how it works.

Devs needs to create a emulation profile to the game run and test it to see the issues and all... it is not working free.

You are wrong and asserting that because you do not want it to be true. But it is.

Around the Network

VitroBahllee said:

You are wrong and asserting that because you do not want it to be true. But it is.

lol no... it is true... me saying won't make it wrong.

Emulation profiles needs to be created and tested... if it is MS or the devs I don't care but you need to do that to the game run via emulation on Xbone.

It is not hardware emulation... it is software emulation... deal with it.

FentonCrackshell said:
Why buy a next-gen console to play last-gen games? Just asking?

You don't.  You buy new hardware for new games.  I'm excited about possibly having a 360 that I can move to another room and FINALLY having a better controller for my old games, though.  By the time it's all said and done, M$ just gave me a free 7th gen console to use Netflix, Hulu, etc in another room of my house (I hope!).

what i also dont get is why they dont also implement Original Xbox backwards compatibility. It wuld be actually way easier as the first Xbox is x86 architecture

That's kinda sad.

Hopefully, this is just starting off, and they'll support a lot more games later down the line.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
That's kinda sad.

Hopefully, this is just starting off, and they'll support a lot more games later down the line.

Adding Lost Oddessey would not hurt one bit.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

ethomaz said:

VitroBahllee said:

Emulation profiles needs to be created and tested... if it is MS or the devs I don't care but you need to do that to the game run via emulation on Xbone.

The guy said 'All a publisher needs to do is approve.' You know: Phil Spencer, the head of Xbox. I will let him work out the technical details. I will take his word for it, not yours.

ethomaz said:

VitroBahllee said:

Actually you are only guessing.  If MS create a 360 VM, then no you would not need to create a profile.  Really think this through

VitroBahllee said:

The guy said 'All a publisher needs to do is approve.' You know: Phil Spencer, the head of Xbox. I will let him work out the technical details. I will take his word for it, not yours.

Yeap... the publisher needs to approve... MS works on the emulation profile... test internally... put in the preview update... and finally gold to end use update.

A great list and best of all: It's just the start :). Best thing is that my brother now can look towards retiring his X360 and focus solely on X1.