By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Xbone Backward Compatibility isn't as good as you think.

Just finished up watching the Microsoft Press Conference. As a mainly Sony gamer, I was honestly very impressed. A solid B+ to A- showing for the Xbox makers with a much needed focus on the games. 

I, like many others, were extemely excited for the backward compatibility for the Xbone with 360 games. I don't plan on buying an Xbox One, BUT, if there were something that would make me possibly consider the purchase this was it. 

However, I am sad to say it isn't as great as it sounds. Here is the current list of available 360 games to play on your Xbone. Besides the buggy non-remaster version of Mass Effect 1, not one single game really stands out. 

The next list of games won't be playable until the holiday. Honestly, quite disappointing.....

Thoughts??

Here is the list

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Well that's just to start, they'll keep adding games. Not like it's just going to be that list of games forever.

Edit: didn't MS say there would ba a hundred games when the service launches? 

Didn't realise the games were limited. That list is very underwhelming, I hope for the people looking forward to this feature that it improves rapidly.

Welp, that does suck, but atleast you have Viva Pinata!

NobleTeam360 said:
Well that's just to start, they'll keep adding games. Not like it's just going to be that list of games forever.

Like i said in the OP Microsoft announced the next update is coming this holiday.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

These are the games...

Banjo Kazooie: N n B
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
BattleBlock Theater
Defense Grid
Geometry Wars Evolved
Hexic HD
Jetpac Refuelled
Kameo
Mass Effect
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Zero
Small Arms
Super Meat Boy
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: TIP

This is just the first wave available to preview members. The feature won't officially launch until this holiday.

It's as proportionally good as the amount of downplaying. Good job.

When the downplay starts this soon you know is good.

ps3-sales! said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Like i said in the OP Microsoft announced the next update is coming this holiday.

Ok, may be a small number of games to start but they'll add more. Maybe by the end of the year you won't be disappointed anymore.

Edit: Or maybe not, not like I expect you to actually get an Xbox.