By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Xbone Backward Compatibility isn't as good as you think.

FentonCrackshell said:
Why buy a next-gen console to play last-gen games? Just asking?

It's to convince people to trade in their Xbox 360 and get an Xbox One. And good games don't stop being good just because something new is out.

Around the Network

teigaga said:

This is just the preview games. BC doesn't launch officially til the holiday. At which point developers just have to agree to have the games and available and thats that. I presume every dev that isn't making  remaster will put up their relevant games not long after

It is not how it works.

Devs needs to create a emulation profile to the game run and test it to see the issues and all... it is not working free.

From what I just read, all M$ needs is for third parties to approve their title and boom. It's on the list. If you have the disc, all you have to do is download. And since I own literally hundreds of Xbox 360 games, every time they announce, the odds are good that I will own a few of the titles! I just hope for performance improvement. It's okay without, though.

Now, I'll have THREE 360S!

The fact that MS leaves it up to the publisher,makes this a let down.Lets see how many jump on board before we judge it.But remastered is the name of this gen.

what worries me more is that its dependents on the Internet. Why you should download your games if you already have the discs, can it not just install it? And how is it managed? Is it only backwards compatible if the games are in the store?
If thats the case third parties could decide what and what not youre allowed to play. Wouldnt wonder if thats the case.

Around the Network
Seihaku said:
FentonCrackshell said:
Why buy a next-gen console to play last-gen games? Just asking?

It's to convince people to trade in their Xbox 360 and get an Xbox One. And good games don't stop being good just because something new is out.

From what I've heard people have already been doing that... To buy PS4. I dunno. When PS3 had BC I didn't have any interest in playing PS2 games. That's just me though. I don't see how going backward is really going forward. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

ethomaz said:
These are the games...

Banjo Kazooie: N n B
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
BattleBlock Theater
Defense Grid
Geometry Wars Evolved
Hexic HD
Jetpac Refuelled
Kameo
Mass Effect
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Zero
Small Arms
Super Meat Boy
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: TIP

I own over half of those!  And I'm a preview member!!  Woooooo!!!

Just posted this in a different thread. The backwards compatibility sounds a lot better then it actually is. The developers approve on whether or not there games can be backwards compatible so it is highly likely that all the games you have wont be able to be played. Especially games created by obscure developers or companies with different agendas (Maybe EA).

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

REDZONE said:
The fact that MS leaves it up to the publisher,makes this a let down.Lets see how many jump on board before we judge it.But remastered is the name of this gen.

It doesn't seem to be as streamlined as it should be. At least not right now anyway. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

What? thats it? Im no native english speaker so i didnt get all, but i thought you could insert any xbox 360 disc and start plaiyng. like on wii u. Thats a disappointment and pretty much alot marketing only.

So this is more kind of nintendos virtual console then of real bc. Lame.