By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If we're going to get a Capcom fighter for Wii U, what will it be?

What will the Ryu game be, if we're getting one?

Tekken X Street Fighter 2 1.60%

Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2 25 20.00%

Nintendo vs Capcom 52 41.60%

Project X VS (fighter equ... 2 1.60%

[Other 3rd party publishe... 3 2.40%

Street Fighter U (exclusive, Fighter) 10 8.00%

Street Fighter U (exclusive, not-a-fighter) 1 0.80%

[Nintendo Franchise] X Street Fighter 13 10.40%

Other 17 13.60%

Total:125

So rumours and very recent information seems to suggest that Ryu is going to be revealed as a DLC Smash 4 character tomorrow.

And some speculate that Nintendo would only allow this if Ryu was set to feature in another Nintendo-console game soon. But we know that Street Fighter 5 is Sony-exclusive (console-wise, not counting arcade and possibly PC), so it won't be that.

So what Capcom fighter (or alternative Ryu-featuring game) could such a title be?

Some obvious possibilities are in the attached poll. Some of them cover multiple possibilities... please post the extra details in such a case.

Around the Network

SF5 will be on Wii U.
Just like MGS4 was on Wii.

I'm glad you asked.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197176&page=1

But honestly, Ryu in Smash doesn't mean anything. He's an iconic character with a Nintendo history. Nothing more.

But yeah, it'll be Nintendo vs. Capcom.

I doubt they're gonna do anything worthwhile.

BasilZero said:
Also there is no attached poll.

Takes a bit of time to write up the poll. It's up now.

Around the Network

Nintendo Vs Capcom! My life will be complete

fory77 said:
SF5 will be on Wii U.
Just like MGS4 was on Wii.

There's two differences between Snake in Brawl and Ryu in Smash 4...

1. Snake in Brawl already happened, and Konami screwed Nintendo over by not actually giving Wii U a proper Metal Gear game. Snake is now not in Smash 4.

2. Snake was put into the initial game. Ryu is being added in later. Nintendo clearly didn't feel Ryu was worth including in the original game, and chose Mega Man instead. But they're letting Ryu be the first third-party DLC.

With these two facts, it's reasonable to think that we might see a Ryu-specific title coming up.

That said, I don't specifically think it'll happen, which is why the topic title is "if we're going to...", and not just "what one will it be?"

EDIT: Meant Wii, not Wii U, in point 1.

zack and wiki 2
I hope Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2

chose option C as well.

maybe Ryu is in it cause of that voting thing that happened a while ago. IMHO the chances of anything coming from this is small.