By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [E3_SPOILER] Ryu and Roy leaked for Smash. Street Fighter stage,more Mii costumes and Inkling trophy too. [/E3_SPOILER]

oniyide said:

Or maybe he's in there just for the hell of it. There doesnt have to be a reason

Well... I mean that's what we're saying.

The Monster Hunter thing was a joke, if it wasn't clear.

The Sega deal was obvious. That's no joke.

Around the Network

Wow 3 Marths :^)

Panama said:
Wow 3 Marths :^)

Hehehe I never thought of it as 3 Marths. LOL Wasn't Roy's charged smash stronger than Marth's? Although, Marth has the longer range.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

the_dengle said:
oniyide said:

Or maybe he's in there just for the hell of it. There doesnt have to be a reason

Well... I mean that's what we're saying.

The Monster Hunter thing was a joke, if it wasn't clear.

The Sega deal was obvious. That's no joke.

oh i know i was being silly. I would have thought more people would be annoyed by the Roy thing considering thats probably gonna be another clone. At least Ryu is gonna be different

There are gonna be so many Ryu's online spamming the ish out of Hadokens and Shoryukens!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
oniyide said:

oh i know i was being silly. I would have thought more people would be annoyed by the Roy thing considering thats probably gonna be another clone. At least Ryu is gonna be different

I'm sufficiently annoyed but have to bite my tongue because I'll probably wind up buying all of it. $5 per character without the extras included is stupid. With Mewtwo they made it seem like the reason for the relatively high price was because it took 5 months to implement the character, now it turns out (as we suspected all along) that they can of course work on multiple characters at a time.

oniyide said:

its funny that people really think thats how it works

That is how it works. It's funny how people suddenly think Smash is some kind of commercial now. I'd just a game with DLC characters. Did Snake bring MGS 4? No. Did Sonic bring anything that wasn't already coming? No. Did Pac-Man bring some kind of exclusive? No. Any new Mega Man games coming to Wii U? No. They are guest characters in a party brawler about guest characters. Nothing more. And if Ryu happens to be in a game that appears on the Wii U, it won't be because he's in Smash.

Smash isn't some charity event for the less fortunate. In case you and everyone else haven't already noticed, Nintendo is the one getting the good end of the deal. They get a roster of superstars on their game about superstars for free. It makes Smash a more desirable product. Not the other way around. Guess how many people are going to buy a PS4 and SFV just because they played Ryu DLC they payed extra for on a completely different game on a completely different platform in a completely different genre. Fucking no one.

You know what's more likely? They go on the Virtual Console and buy SF2.

spemanig said:
oniyide said:

its funny that people really think thats how it works

That is how it works. It's funny how people suddenly think Smash is some kind of commercial now. I'd just a game with DLC characters. Did Snake bring MGS 4? No. Did Sonic bring anything that wasn't already coming? No. Did Pac-Man bring some kind of exclusive? No. Any new Mega Man games coming to Wii U? No. They are guest characters in a party brawler about guest characters. Nothing more. And if Ryu happens to be in a game that appears on the Wii U, it won't be because he's in Smash.

Smash isn't some charity event for the less fortunate. In case you and everyone else haven't already noticed, Nintendo is the one getting the good end of the deal. They get a roster of superstars on their game about superstars for free. It makes Smash a more desirable product. Not the other way around. Guess how many people are going to buy a PS4 and SFV just because they played Ryu DLC they payed extra for on a completely different game on a completely different platform in a completely different genre. Fucking no one.

You know what's more likely? They go on the Virtual Console and buy SF2.

I was actually agreeing with you. 

the_dengle said:
oniyide said:

I'm sufficiently annoyed but have to bite my tongue because I'll probably wind up buying all of it. $5 per character without the extras included is stupid. With Mewtwo they made it seem like the reason for the relatively high price was because it took 5 months to implement the character, now it turns out (as we suspected all along) that they can of course work on multiple characters at a time.

people also forget they are being helped by Namco who themselves are no slouches when it comes to anything fighting game related. There are more and better talented people working on this Smash than any of the past ones IMHO

oniyide said:

I was actually agreeing with you. 

...Oh. :x