By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Can movie studios please stop splitting movies?

I'm watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows for the first time, and it ends abruptly.  I realized now that there is a part 2 of the same movie.  How damn stupid is that?  Now I gotta go find Deathly Hollows 2 to finish it off.  I'm figurativly blue-balled after caring enough to want to finish the series after seeing the first half of the movie.  Now, when I do get my hands on a copy of the second portion of the movie, I'm not going to care as much since I'm not going to watch it tonight and most of the time you don't carry the events of the last movie 2 days later when you finally get the ending portion. 

This is a terrible practice that only the movie studios profit off of.  Hunger Games Mocking Jay was just a giant tease for what's to come in the next and final movie.  Going into the next movie, I would have to catch up with what happened in the first mocking jay movie and I don't think we should be doing that just to entertain ourselves with basically the same movie. 

Then I begin looking into movies like Avengers.  It was fine when the Avengers first came out, then Age of Ultron, but to split Infinity War into 2 movies, that just makes the first movie in Infinity War look like another giant tease for its second part, which is a whole year away. 

What?  Justice League part 1 and 2.  What the Hell!?!?!?

Around the Network

You're asking studios to stop making money. Although I agree it is pretty stupid, especially if the content can appropriately fit into one film.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Yeah, I agree that it's a little dumb when movies end on a cliffhanger, with no real closure, and we have to wait for the next movie as a result.

They did something like that in the second Hobbit movie, again, I hate it when movies pull that stunt.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

But it gives you like a 4 hour movie and they get to make more money.

Plus, those two movies are more the whole book than most of the other book/movies of Harry Potter. They in effect made that book like a 4 hour movie and cut less out than usual.

Plus, the second movie is really different for a Hatty Potter, but I think also really good.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

They'll stop once people stop paying to watch them, and not a moment sooner.

Around the Network

I've started waiting until a movie is done before watching it.

I waited for the Hobbit trilogy to come out, then watched it all in 1 go. Which still wasn't great as it's all drawn out and the 3rd movie doesn't even make any sense.

I skipped Mocking jay part 1, yet I wonder if it will even make a coherent movie put together?

I don't mind them, as long as there's a sequel.

Cliffhangers piss me off more for TV series that get cancelled. You invest several hours just to have them characters stuck in limbo.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Zappykins said:
But it gives you like a 4 hour movie and they get to make more money.

Plus, those two movies are more the whole book than most of the other book/movies of Harry Potter. They in effect made that book like a 4 hour movie and cut less out than usual.

Plus, the second movie is really different for a Hatty Potter, but I think also really good.

It's debatable to state whether the movies were more quantity over quality, but that's not the point here.  If you've ever watch Lawrence of Arabia, it's about 227 minutes long, that's about 4 hours long.  Imagine right where the halftime of the movie is about to hit, it ends.  Wait a year and pay another price for admittance and you'll see the rest.  It's just a bad practice on a movie.  It's more or less essentially a DLC for movies. 

OMG, that's may just be the trend in the near future.  Sure, it's big titles like Harry Potter and the Avengers, but then if it does become more profitiable, little movies like 'Spy' might just start doing it.  No Lord, please I don't want to live in a world of movie DLCs.

But Harry Potter was the first to do it and then everyone copied them.

I do agree it needs to stop.

An excellent point! Find out how to resolve this situation in the upcoming part 2 of my reply.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’