By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Steam Summer Sale is almost upon us...

Just bought the Shadowrun Dragonfall or whatever it is. My first game in that franchise, hope it's good.

I very much recommend Valkyria Chronicles, Torchlight II, Borderlands 2, and This War of Mine from the on-sale titles I've seen listed at a good price.

I tried to buy a game I already own.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Just bought the Shadowrun Dragonfall or whatever it is. My first game in that franchise, hope it's good.

I very much recommend Valkyria Chronicles, Torchlight II, Borderlands 2, and This War of Mine from the on-sale titles I've seen listed at a good price.

I tried to buy a game I already own.

Borderlands 2 is "only" 50% off. I'm sure it will go on sale with a bigger discount. Anf the same goes for Torchlight II and its 60% off. I'm confident they'll go with a 66% and a 75% (maybe 80) off respectively.

Valkyria Chronicles won't go cheaper, so this is the perfect time to get it and This War of Mine is the wild card.

@Basil: Yep, your friend is crazy. Or new to Steam Sales .

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Hey, guys! Remember to keep an eye on GOG as well, some good deals there!

I missed a huge opportunity this week; GAME declared bankrupcy on wednesday and sold their entire stock across the country at 50% off, I dashed over to the nearest to buy a dirt cheap PS4, Wii U and some cool games but the store had been picked clean in about 2 hours... Bummer.

Now, on to Steam to spend my hard earned cash there instead!

OH MY GOSH!! This is my first Steam Summer Sale and my god there are soo many good deals! :D I just feel so overwhelmed right now, I'll probably impulse buy like 15 games if I don't get myself away from this computer

Not bought anything yet, watching both my wishlist and the front page for the enxt few days since the games I want will go further down in price with time, that and flash sales.

Also Totalbiscuit's first Salesbox for this Steam Sale: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6rfe90TLdE

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
tsogud said:

OH MY GOSH!! This is my first Steam Summer Sale and my god there are soo many good deals! :D I just feel so overwhelmed right now, I'll probably impulse buy like 15 games if I don't get myself away from this computer

A rule of thumb in Steam Sales is to only look at the daily and flash sales. Any game that's not part of that can get a bigger discount during the sales.

Unless it's a new release, of course.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
tsogud said:

A rule of thumb in Steam Sales is to only look at the daily and flash sales. Any game that's not part of that can get a bigger discount during the sales.

Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely keep it in mind from here on out

Mummelmann said:
Hey, guys! Remember to keep an eye on GOG as well, some good deals there!

I missed a huge opportunity this week; GAME declared bankrupcy on wednesday and sold their entire stock across the country at 50% off, I dashed over to the nearest to buy a dirt cheap PS4, Wii U and some cool games but the store had been picked clean in about 2 hours... Bummer.

Now, on to Steam to spend my hard earned cash there instead!

Ouch, I feel your pain. I randomly walked into a Gametraders that was closing down that day (but it was lunchtime). People had already been and taken garbage bags worth of anything valuable to resell on ebay. Great times.

JEMC said:
tsogud said:

Don't forget the new refund system. They spefically allow for the scenario where you buy a discounted game, only to have it discounted even more later on. You can get a refund on the orginal discounted price, then repurchase it at the new discounted price :)

mysteryman said:
JEMC said:
tsogud said:

Don't forget the new refund system. They spefically allow for the scenario where you buy a discounted game, only to have it discounted even more later on. You can get a refund on the orginal discounted price, then repurchase it at the new discounted price :)

True, but with how big the sales are, Valve may be overwhelmed with users asking for refunds and it could end backfiring you.

Just for safety purposes, I wouldn't rely on it.