By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Canada GM 'Splatoon sales are about half of what Mario Kart 8 sold during the same period!'

So, 500k+ confirmed?

Around the Network

NOICE

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Couldn't this interview have all been one thread rather than each question/answer getting its own?

Also, dat title followed immediately with "probably only in Canada."

Damn!!! That is inkredible

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Wow, really impressive!
I hope the legs will be just as good.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

I'm definitively surprised, those are great numbers. A good FW to put a lot of people playing online is key to guarantee the success of a shooter.

I just wish we could get a definitive number from Nintendo, because VGC will take a LONG time to get in June to show us the sales.

Not bad for a game that was supposed to flop as hard as The Wonderful 101, eh?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

You should probably add "in Canada".

Mario Kart 8 sold 1.2m in its first week. Splatoon 600k FW confirmed?

Edit: If this is the case worldwide, of course. So far it's basically confirmed in NA and Japan.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

600k confirmed!

Canada only? humm... :-/

Well, the source not say if is WW or just Canada. any way, MK8 sold 325,000 FW in JP, and around 145,000 Splatoon. That's LESS than half of what did MK8.

So, maybe Splatoon in Canada did better than in Japan? had to say withouth numbers...