By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Sony winning the console war?

?

Marketing 259 26.84%

Fantastic games 207 21.45%

Big N and MS need to do a better job 296 30.67%

Cultists fans 92 9.53%

More mainstream 111 11.50%

Total:965
DerNebel said:
Because they weren't retarded when they launched their console.

This post wins this thread and gets +10 internetz. It pretty much sums up why Sony is winning

Around the Network

The only reason Sony lost last time was because they botched the PS3. Over a year later, expensive, harder to developer for, poor 3rd party ports, and more. This allowed Wii and Xbox One to take back market share.

We are now returning to the status quo.

Perhaps PS4 is the better console.

Let me put it this way, if I wasn't a PC gamer the PS4 would be the only logical choice. It offers the best balance regarding 3rd party games, 1st party games, power and price. The competitors fall short in that regard.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Goodnightmoon said:
They won the marketing war... so they won the generation, simple.

Yup. They're so good with marketing that they were like, "You know what. We could use our magical marketing powers wih psvita, but let's not, just cause".

In other words, people can blame marketing all they want but it's a tiny part if you look at the bigger picture.

Also, Sony's marketing hasn't been great in while now. But people should keep trying to downplay its success all they want.

Around the Network

I'm actually dissatified with my PS4. There's not really much Japanese games I can play on it. I think the reason they're winning is because they're catering to Western Audiences.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

-Good launch and marketing
-Good specs and power
-Good price
-Big N and MS done bad job for all above

marsoRa said:
Vasto said:

Because they have the best games out and the best games coming.

Mention them please, and dont come here with third parties please 

Lol. Wait, that's all?  You don't have any more "rules" to make sure a certain console looks better than the other?

Because unlike the competition they didn't shot their two legs of before even launching

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

It's because of how both Microsoft and Nintendo fucked up really that put Sony in their lead position this generation. Nintendo released a console that wasn't as powerful as the PS4/XOne to support the games they are getting and lost 3rd party support, and Microsoft had an Xbox One reveal that really turned a lot of people away from it. Sony has been able to take advantage of the situation and get themselves into the lead by mostly talking about how they haven't done any of what Microsoft did with the whole "our system plays used games" thing and such like that.  If Microsoft had a better reveal for the Xbox One and the Wii U was powerful enough to get the same 3rd party games i'm positive the PS4 would not be in the lead it is in. 

It's probably something Sony needs again as well due to how much in debt they still are. Hopefully they can at least work some of it off if they can continue to lead this generation.  I think I read a while back the PS4 was turning a profit so that's good. 

Also lol at anyone trying to say it's because Playstation always wins. It's like you people want to pretend the PS3/360/Wii generation didn't happen because of the fact that the PS3 didn't win.