By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Druckman: This E3 will be last drakes apperance

shikamaru317 said:
DerNebel said:
shikamaru317 said:
So, if there is an Uncharted 5 in a few years, it will feature a new main character? Didn't know that.

More like there won't be an Uncharted 5, at the very least not from ND

So this is the last Uncharted? Surpised they'd kill off their most popular franchise. They are developing a TLOU sequel though, right? That's almost as popular as Uncharted.

Well wouldn't be the first time ND did that. And yeah I suspect them to continue working on TLOU. What I don't get are the people thinking that they'll continue the series with a new main character, why not just make a new franchise in that case?

Around the Network

Until Sony decides it is time for another Uncharted

Where does he say "This E3 will be last drakes apperance" ?

shikamaru317 said:
BraLoD said:

TLoU is more popular than Uncharted.

As a single game and not a franchise yet, it aold better than any Uncharted game already.

If they so drop Uncharted they are more than covered already, it's only natural I would say.

Didn't UC3 on PS3 sell more than TLOU on PS3? Or does VGC have TLOU PS3 undertracked? You can't really count TLOU PS4 sales when comparing the two, since Uncharted Collection isn't out yet.

TLOU on PS3 had shipped 7 million units by last July, that's probably faster than any Uncharted game sold, after that the Remaster came and naturally slowed the sales of the PS3 version down.

teigaga said:

The link in the tweet is a pic of the Drake E3 banner

Around the Network

As much as I enjoy Uncharted, I think Naughty Dog has made a good decision at stopping. Time for new IPs and allow ND to flex their creative muscles. They've earned it.

DerNebel said:
teigaga said:

Yeah, I still don't see anything referencing his "last" appearance? :/

good to hear its his last one, PS really pushes new IPs every gen and i want to see more new IPs from ND, that said if TLOU gets a sequel i wont complain... (but i do want something new in due time).

teigaga said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah, I still don't see anything referencing his "last" appearance? :/

??

The tweet is: "Looking mighty good for his last E3" and the picture is a banner of Drake, what else would it mean?

This is why i like PS , they dont force their studio to be stuck forever with an IP , they Know how to let it go and create fresh popular IP

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m