By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Official #s Only Detailed! Total Sales Now Over 1.10mil in Under 27 Days!

tbone51 said:
Angelv577 said:
Damn I failed in my FW prediction (250k). Congratz anyway.

Thats actually an ok prediction, some here and alot on gaf thought lifetime sales would be 200k-500k at best!

Funny thing is Splatoon is a new ip from Nintendo. Something alot of people i guess underestimate (you know, the usual Not a Mario/Zelda game = Failure :P)

Well to be fair, my prediction was made before the demo and the marketing campaign announcement.  After that I was feeling that I have to change it but never did.  Only change my metascore prediction from 76 to 81 after watching the demo.  Should have follow my feeling.  At least I wasnt in the 250k-300kLT prediction because they are looking very silly right now..

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
tag

tag, you're it

Angelv577 said:
tbone51 said:

Thats actually an ok prediction, some here and alot on gaf thought lifetime sales would be 200k-500k at best!

Funny thing is Splatoon is a new ip from Nintendo. Something alot of people i guess underestimate (you know, the usual Not a Mario/Zelda game = Failure :P)

Well to be fair, my prediction was made before the demo and the marketing campaign announcement.  After that I was feeling that I have to change it but never did.  Only change my metascore prediction from 76 to 81 after watching the demo.  Should have follow my feeling.  At least I wasnt in the 250k-300kLT prediction because they are looking very silly right now..

Whats even more crazy is that same thread on gaf even after Demo/heavy campaign some people still thought the game would do W101 levels of sales (or bomb/flop).

Looks like you were spot on on the meta, funny thing is if the game was fully complete and single player was full fledge (hello Splat2oon) it would be a 90+ game imo.

Complaints were directly from this^

A moment. But so, the US digital sales are AT LEAST 21k? can be 21k to infinite agreed?

I guess Crow shall not be served on this day! (so far, we'll see about longevity)

Still congratulations on the FW sales of new IP. It's still very impressive!

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

so prob is over 300k when we add in possible U.S. retail?

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Ryng_Tolu said:
A moment. But so, the US digital sales are AT LEAST 21k? can be 21k to infinite agreed?

Not really, realistically we should somewhat know what games above Splatoon have sold digitally but seeing as there is nothing concrete the max is indeed the number of Wii U's sold

Angelv577 said:
tbone51 said:

Well, but so what is your ACTUALLY Splatoon prediction?

With 145,000 in JP (190,000 with digital), and 40,000 to 45,000 in Europe UK+JP (withouth digital), what do you think?

I will go with my most recently prediction: 100k EU, 145k JP (even if tecnically i predicted 150k :P), 200k US, and 500k globally. With Digital, some like 600k.

Ryng_Tolu said:

Yeap, It surpassed HW today (well yesterday). It depends on HW numbers, did we get any more digital numbers for US HW?

The numbers i provided were fromFirst Month (retail <170k and with Digital 190k)

ErikaEinhardt said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Not really, realistically we should somewhat know what games above Splatoon have sold digitally but seeing as there is nothing concrete the max is indeed the number of Wii U's sold

Lul i know. xD

I said, we have a DECENT TRACK for the maximum? Like in UK, minimum 16,000, maximum 21,000, or what?

P.S

Tecnically in UK should be at +19,900, because it outsold NSMBU, and it sold 19,899 according to VGChartz.