By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U fails to reach 10 mil by E3

spurgeonryan said:
Didn't both Wii U and vita pass the Dreamcast months ago? I remember the threads.

don't you mean in Japan?  They both have sold a little over 2 million.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
Aerys said:
It's funny, i remember people saying that Wii U would reach it before Vita, in fact a lot thought that, and now, Vita is almsot 1M ahead.

It's funny, i remember people saying Vita would outsell 3DS lifetime by a huge margin, and predicted 100 million of Vita in 2013, when was already a ridiculus prediction...

LMAO

I remember a thread in which many said Xbox One wont pass Wii U by 2014. Lol. Whats the point? Wii U is a commercial disaster. Nintendo enthusiasts should talk about games and Wii U excells in this regard.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Aerys said:
It's funny, i remember people saying that Wii U would reach it before Vita, in fact a lot thought that, and now, Vita is almsot 1M ahead.

It's funny, i remember people saying Vita would outsell 3DS lifetime by a huge margin, and predicted 100 million of Vita in 2013, when was already a ridiculus prediction...

LMAO

Nobody, except 1-2 crazy people, predicted 100M of Vita in 2013, in 2011 maybe so pointless comparison

The difference is what i'm talking about is only few months ago, it was a huge bet thread 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=191163

IT's funny to see it's the exact opposite of the reality

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Vgchartz are estimates who will be corrected if official data from japan or npd comes out or if sony, nintendo and MS tell the numbers. Its very possible that Nintendo could announce the numbers during their press conference, espacially if the wiiu has sold 10 millions finally.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

LMAO

Nobody, except 1-2 crazy people, predicted 100M of Vita in 2013, in 2011 maybe so pointless comparison

But nobody expect under 15 million lifetime. most people in 2013 predicted 40 to 60 million... worste case was 25-30 million.

The difference is what i'm talking about is only few months ago, it was a huge bet thread 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=191163

IT's funny to see it's the exact opposite of the reality

Is not the first time that happen. A few month ago you was crazy if you expect XBO above PS4 in April NPD, you was crazy if expect 150k first week in Japan for Splatoon, you was crazy if you expect a exclusive partnership with Sony-Activision for Call Of Duty Black Ops III... and is only some example of some recently megaton. You comment, as the comment of "PS4 will EASY beat XBO in November/December NPD" and "PS4 is only 800k lower than WU, even if WU is released 1 year and 2 month before!" is just off topic.

Respost.

It should finally do it before end of year.

I am amazed that it hasn't even cracked that figure yet. Sales wise, this generation has been a huge disappointment for Nintendo, with the Wii U clearly being something of a dumpster fire. At least some people like it's game library?

Angelv577 said:
It should finally do it before end of year.

Well, i think it will sell even 12/13 million before end of the year.

10 million probabily by September or before.

spurgeonryan said:
johnIsobas said:

don't you mean in Japan?  They both have sold a little over 2 million.

I thought vgchartz console chart has the dreamcast at 8 million some thing?

There's a source out there that says 10.6 million, and vgchartz wasn't tracking sales during the dreamcast's life.  I wouldn't be surprised if the source is in dispute but I don't think vgchartz knows more about it.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X