By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U fails to reach 10 mil by E3

This thread is now just Wii U and Vita fans hiding jabs at the other console with friendly "lol ha ha" posts

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Clyde32 said:
reggin_bolas said:

I will make the following bold prediction: 

The Wii U will fail to sell more than 9 million copies by the end of 2014.

MK8 And Smash will be huge commercial flops. They will sell well below expections.

Alright then.

Lulz. 

5 million plus in 11 months, a "huge commercial flop"? XD

That actually pretty pretty bad...

Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:

Lulz. 

No, it isn't.

It's better than 99% of games sell, and better than more than one entry of the Mario Kart series itself.

Aerys said:
It's funny, i remember people saying that Wii U would reach it before Vita, in fact a lot thought that, and now, Vita is almsot 1M ahead.

Well,by the end of 2015,this will finally happen...It's inevitable,the gap will vanish in the holidays!

As for the xbone vs wii u,wii u above lt from xb1 threads and the bump from you,anyone can believe what he wants or rather what he considers,there were signs but in the long run all things can change,yes these predictions were big disasters and should never been made with so much hyperbole,they should be moderate!Now we have something similar,ps vita vs wii u,vita above wii  u LT predictions.

I just don't  get how you and some others are celebrating with the impressively shurnk gap but still big gap,remember ps vita released ten months before wii u,and 12months before wii u in Japan(PSV's strongest territory and maybe its only strong territory...)

WiiU 158,844 (+133%)

Black friday week,in the USA in 2014!

Globally,in the week of black friday 2014...

PSV 86,237 (+154

One picture a thousand words!

Japan can't really help ps vita which is yoy down by 133k units  this year and in the last december wii u was fairly ahead psv in Japan.

It's all about the USA in this battle!I mean psvita can't even sell  weekly in Japan the half of  what wii u sells weekly in the holidays in the USA...(Mainly because Japan in hardware sales in the holidays  hasn't the potential that the USA has,well 3ds is the exception) 

Wii u has some great game releases for this year,and yeah they can boost it,I don't say something spectacular don't get irritated but it will be a singinificant push,I'll give the paradigm of Japan,xenoblade x quarupled wii u sales in the week of its release and keep it double from its baseline in the afterweek,recently spatoon almost tripled wii u sales and had given to wii u a  considerable pre-splatoon week boost and it remains to be seen if it can keep it afloat for the upcoming weeks!

it is what it is, why people compare two failing systems are beyond me

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:

Lulz. 

A WiiU game that is selling better than 98% of Ps4 games (And better than 100% of Ps4 an XBO exclusives) is a "huge commercial flop"  and  "pretty pretty bad"

INKREDIBLE

Out of this world, this reachs an insanity level that souldn´t be allowed on a serious forum, It´s among the dumbest things I have read on VGC.

curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:

No, it isn't.

It's better than 99% of games sell, and better than more than one entry of the Mario Kart series itself.

oh nevermind, i thought u were talking abou wii u sales for some reason, my bad

First it was at the end of 2014. Then E3 2015.. what's the next timeline?

What a fail

We only have data for May 16th...and is only 300k from it so I'm sure it will make 10M before E3