By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon's Worst Starters

Tagged games:

BasilZero said:

"Checks for Torchic"

WOO!

My thoughts exactly.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Every time I tried to make a Nuzloque of FR/LG without Bulbasaur I have lost. One factor makes it great over Charmander and Squirtle: its poison typing. A poison type can't get poisoned, a really big threat during the first third of the game, when money has to be spent very carefully. Bulbasaur can be grinded easily on MT Moon, and can be effective against the first three gyms (after that you should have a decent party in case something goes wrong).

I agree with you on Pikachu, the first gym with it is a nightmare. I don't have the patience to grind a party that will most likely be weak to rock if everyone can die and I have to start again.

5th gen startes are just weak in general. None of them really stand out. Serperior is great when it has its secret ability, but outside of that, not very competitive.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Every time I tried to make a Nuzloque of FR/LG without Bulbasaur I have lost. One factor makes it great over Charmander and Squirtle: its poison typing. A poison type can't get poisoned, a really big threat during the first third of the game, when money has to be spent very carefully. Bulbasaur can be grinded easily on MT Moon, and can be effective against the first three gyms (after that you should have a decent party in case something goes wrong).

I agree with you on Pikachu, the first gym with it is a nightmare. I don't have the patience to grind a party that will most likely be weak to rock if everyone can die and I have to start again.

5th gen startes are just weak in general. None of them really stand out. Serperior is great when it has its secret ability, but outside of that, not very competitive.

But Yolo Pig is great too xD

Admant + Choice scraf + Reckless + Flare blitz + head smash !!!! xDD but oshawott is just bad :(

Take back those horrible things you said about Totodile, the greatest starter of all time.

;-;

*Obligatory TwitchPlaysPokemon reference*

Don't hate on Lazor Gator! Surf is the best offensive HM move!

Although, I did replace him with Gyarados and Suicune later on though... 

Around the Network

If any of you bitches say Piplup don't expect to wake up the next morning...!

every grass starter besides treeco(and maybe chespin)
and pikachu....electric starter and you FIRST gym was rock types; back when electricity didn't effect them...WTF Gamefreak that was just bad planning

the_dengle said:
Take back those horrible things you said about Totodile, the greatest starter of all time.

;-;

This so much this! Totodile doesn't belong on this list!

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

WolfpackN64 said:
Get a Serperior with Contrary

I just found out today gamefreak was giving out both gen 2 an 5 startes with their hidden abilites!! I damn near shat bricks...talk about living under a rock

Ka-pi96 said:
Salnax said:

Heck, Meganium manages to stay cute despite being fully evolved.

Look at it!

...It could just be me...

Love and tolerate.