By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U owners: is it your only current gen console?

?

Yes 482 67.79%

No, I have a PS4/X1 also 229 32.21%

Total:711

I also have a ps4, which I bought for Bloodborne, but I put it back in the box as soon as I finished that game since I play multiplats on PC and none of the burrent exclusives seem interesting. The vast majority of my gaming is PC and WiiU.

Hi

Around the Network

Nope. PS4 also.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Well, that poll explains it. Never go full Nintendo.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

What is explaining that poll? 

Goodnightmoon said:
vivster said:

This forum. Though I shouldn't have to spell that out.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Goodnightmoon said:

This forum. Though I shouldn't have to spell that out.

I dont get it, You are trying to see what you want, as usual.

Nope. Have owned Nintendo consoles since 1989, but bought a Playstation in 1996 when I got frustrated after another N64 delay.

I own every hardware this gen ... Wii U, PS4, XB1, 3DS, and Vita. Though the PS4 got temporarily sold, I will re-buy one soon.

I'm surprised by how many answered yes.

The thing is I really enjoy some of the games on the Wii U that you won't find elsewhere and, when not there, I generally play my PC (currently Witcher 3/Galactic Civilizations 3/Crusader Kings 2), and a world where I only had those two wouldn't really bother me as I'm getting nearly all the games anyway.

The problem, of course, is that I only know a couple people in real life who actually play games on the PC and don't know a soul that owns a wii u. All my friends are currently playing on the ps4 and last gen were playing on the Xbox 360, so I feel obligated to have those as games are always more fun with friends.

I'm skeptical that Nintendo will release anything that would win them back, but it's clear that there's zero brand loyalty in my social circle... PC's are always a little too expensive for the average guy to bother with. Looks like I'm stuck with 2 consoles and PC :D

Johnw1104 said:

The thing is I really enjoy some of the games on the Wii U that you won't find elsewhere and, when not there, I generally play my PC (currently Witcher 3/Galactic Civilizations 3/Crusader Kings 2), and a world where I only had those two wouldn't really bother me as I'm getting nearly all the games anyway.

The problem, of course, is that I only know a couple people in real life who actually play games on the PC and don't know a soul that owns a wii u. All my friends are currently playing on the ps4 and last gen were playing on the Xbox 360, so I feel obligated to have those as games are always more fun with friends.

I'm skeptical that Nintendo will release anything that would win them back, but it's clear that there's zero brand loyalty in my social circle... PC's are always a little too expensive for the average guy to bother with. Looks like I'm stuck with 2 consoles and PC :D

The Nintendo fan on a site like this isn't really indictive of the general Wii U userbase (nor are the Sony or XBox). 

If you care about a video game brand enough to obsess over company sales and track them, you're not a "normal" consumer. 

Soundwave said:
Johnw1104 said:

The Nintendo fan on a site like this isn't really indictive of the general Wii U userbase (nor are the Sony or XBox). 

If you care about a video game brand enough to obsess over company sales and track them, you're not a "normal" consumer. 

That's certainly true. I didn't bother last gen as console wars don't really interest me and I had the 360, PS3 AND Wii which were all successful. I really only started reading here out of concern for Nintendo's current state about a year ago (I only care about console wars when one is clearly losing lol)... Also, it's just fun to talk about games.