By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony doesn't make sense

Which would you prefer?

Uncharted: Collection 115 76.16%

God Of war: Trilogy 36 23.84%

Total:151

So recently Sony announced Uncharted: Collection coming to PS4 with all 3 mainline Uncharted games. So I'm left scratching my head. Its not that I don't like this collection, its a very good deal. But what i don't understand is why didn't they give God Of War the same treatment? They announced God Of war III: Remastered a few months ago, which only has one God Of War game remastered instead of all 3 mainline games. It doesn't make sense, as God Of War is a major franchise for Soy and has sold more than the Uncharted franchise. They are contradicting themselves.

They seriously need to have better managment of their studios.

Around the Network

Acutally...
Going by this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

If the first 3 games of uncharted sold 21+ million (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=203761)

, and the vita game has sold like 2million, + whatever the card games sold.

It ends up looking like uncharted probably has sold slightly more than God of War, if this list is correct about God of War sales.

That said a collection of God of War, would have been neat as well.

JRPGfan said:

Acutally...
Going by this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

If the first 3 games of uncharted sold 21+ million (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=203761)

, and the vita game has sold like 2million, + whatever the card games sold.

It ends up looking like uncharted probably has sold slightly more than God of War, if this list is correct about God of War sales.

God of War reached 21 million in 2012: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-05-god-of-war-series-has-sold-over-21-million-copies

Since then the "God of War Saga", "God of War: Ascencion", and the Vita-version of the "God of War Collection" were released.

Uncharted has a game coming out soon.
The purpose of the remaster is to get people into the uncharted franchise, to increase the sales potential of the new game coming out. It will likely be bundled, "forcing" new adopters to give it a try.

There isn't a new God of War yet. If I guess we'll see a GoW sometime in either holiday 2016 or early 2017, then you'll see a GoW remaster bundle as well. In fact, if you ever hear about a new GoW remaster bundle of all the games, you can make a lifetime ban bet that GoW ps4 will be announced shortly afterwards.

EDIT: remasters and cameos are marketing tools, as well as income potential. Look how Super smash brothers handles it. They have a game come out, they put the characters in smash. When they want to add attention to a specific title coming out in the future, they'll release the character for smash. It's kind of the same thing as goes with psabr. Old characters showed up, and new titles featuring those characters were announced shortly after.

It's ridiculous how Sony treat God of War and SMS like a second-rate shit.

The God of War series is way bigger than Uncharted, significantly more popular and beloved, just check the size of fan pages on Facebook or Google Trends. Uncharted is a series that owes it's popularity to bundling, holiday releases and huge marketing campaigns.

God of War released towards the end of the PS2s life and it had no support from Sony, the games quality is how it made a name for itself and through word of mouth alone it has become a huge series.

If Sony wasn't ran by a bunch of fucking morons they would've remastered the God of War trilogy ala MCC and made GoW 1 & 2 look more like GoW3 and then when they inevitably announce GoW4 at E3 (they better) they could've announced a demo of GoW4 exclusive to that package.

Bollocks to Sony.

Around the Network
GameMasterPC said:

So recently Sony announced Uncharted: Collection coming to PS4 with all 3 mainline Uncharted games. So I'm left scratching my head. Its not that I don't like this collection, its a very good deal. But what i don't understand is why didn't they give God Of War the same treatment? They announced God Of war III: Remastered a few months ago, which only has one God Of War game remastered instead of all 3 mainline games. It doesn't make sense, as God Of War is a major franchise for Soy and has sold more than the Uncharted franchise. They are contradicting themselves.

They seriously need to have better managment of their studios.

They did a lot of GOW collections on the PS3, maybe they think they exhausted that route. Not sure.

Maybe just will cost a lot more money and time to upgrade to PS4 due to some of the games being on PS2. At least with the PS3 GOW3 it will take less effort looking almost PS4 quality.

I see some people treating MCC like just a remake but a lot of resources went into that collection. Sony probably thought a GOW collection would cost to much money, money they might not make back

Good god, people just dont get it. God of War 1 and II were remastered twice last gen! Sony does not owe anyone these games anymore! By pre ordering God of War III Remastered in the US, you recieve a 90 days PS Now rental for both God of War 1 and II. Thats more than enough time to catch up with these kind of games. Just be happy with that or dont buy it.

The difference between the God of War and Uncharted franchise is that the former was introduced at 6th generation and proceed to 7th generation, while the latter is last gen only. So, you guys seriously want to play technically outdated PS2 games on the PS4, dont you? Honestly, i would love to see GoW 1 and II with graphics on pair with the PS3 engine used for GoW III, but by demanding that im absolutely asking for a remake, not a remaster. People need to realize the difference. A remaster is nothing more than an enhanced port, while a remake is developers basically starting from scratch and rebuilding the visuals  from the ground up (as well as  adding new gameplay assets) with a brand new engine. You can clearly tell what takes the bigger effort and whats going to happen because of that. Santa Monica is working on its own PS4 project, by the way. Just dont lose your mind cause of whishful thinking.

As for the sales, it depands if you compare both trilogies or the whole series on each other. Drake is probably over Kratos within main trilogy, while Kratos should be well over Drake for the whole series. Both are A tier franchises from Sony nonetheless.

Its funny, on the one side people are concerned about the quanity regarding remaster releases, calling it the "generation of remasters" or nickname the PS4 the"remasterstation". On the other side folks are complaining about only God of War III being remastered. Im in the middle of both sides, highly amused.

In general, i would prefer God of War over anything. ;)

RolStoppable said:
It makes perfect sense. Remastering PS3 games is easy, but PS2 games would require some serious effort.

Converting a game made for Cell over to the Jag can be that 'easy' but you are right that it would be a whole lot harder if they had to go back and remodel the PS2 games.  

I still think Ascension will pop up as part of the GOW3 remake at some point.

RolStoppable said:
It makes perfect sense. Remastering PS3 games is easy, but PS2 games would require some serious effort.

If Square Enix can do PS2's FFX/FFX-2 onto PS3 and PS4 then it shouldn't be a problem for GoW's PS2 games either to be put on PS4.