Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony doesn't make sense

Which would you prefer?

Uncharted: Collection 115 76.16%

God Of war: Trilogy 36 23.84%

Total:151
GameMasterPC said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

Damn it, you beat me to the punch 

But this is exactly right. Anybody who is trying to say that it is because Uncharted sold more and appeals woo a wider audience is giving Sony way too much credit. Also, wouldn't that fly in the face of the excuse that remastered are made because certain people didn't get to play it? Either way, let's just be honest and see it for what it is. It's way easier to remaster PS3 games. 

That's a blatant lie. Uncharted has recently sold as much as what God Of War sold in 2012 without the release of the newest game in the series.

Well tell that to people who are saying Uncharted sells to a wider audience 

Around the Network
GameMasterPC said:

That's a blatant lie. Uncharted has recently sold as much as what God Of War sold in 2012 without the release of the newest game in the series.

Who says that? Anyways I'm not going to every person on this site and telling this to them.

JustThatGamer said:
It's ridiculous how Sony treat God of War and SMS like a second-rate shit.

The God of War series is way bigger than Uncharted, significantly more popular and beloved, just check the size of fan pages on Facebook or Google Trends. Uncharted is a series that owes it's popularity to bundling, holiday releases and huge marketing campaigns.

God of War released towards the end of the PS2s life and it had no support from Sony, the games quality is how it made a name for itself and through word of mouth alone it has become a huge series.

If Sony wasn't ran by a bunch of fucking morons they would've remastered the God of War trilogy ala MCC and made GoW 1 & 2 look more like GoW3 and then when they inevitably announce GoW4 at E3 (they better) they could've announced a demo of GoW4 exclusive to that package.

Bollocks to Sony.

Sony, treating Santa Monica like shit? It's about time! Santa Monica IS the studio, after all, responsible for the lack of support and failure of several incubated titles from 2007-2013, because they pulled a Gearbox and focused their efforts and budgets on their own games rather than helping the incubated teams. 

SMS is the studio that lied for five months about the final PSASBR patch, saying it was in development for that long before allocating one person to the patch development for the next five months. This, in the same breath as announcing more GoW: Ascension micro-DLC, when by that point PSAS was still more popular online. This is the same studio that spend six months delaying Twisted Metal's much-needed patch. The same studio who botched Warhawk and Starhawk's mid-term support. The same studio who somehow spent $60 million on Ascension, a game meant to give the main character personality but according to nearly every review just made him boring; a game that had a fairly short story and mediocre-at-best multiplayer despite the inflated CoD-size budget. This is the studio that somehow developed GoW II for PS2 even though they had working PS3 devkits for years, because making a game easier to develop for them is paramount to Sony needing a strong first party PS3 title. This studio thrives on ruining incubated games and developers.

So I say THANK Christ if they're getting shafted by Sony. Naughty Dog, despite being just a tad overrated and having some coup problems in Uncharted 4's development, is infinitely more talented and worthy of a trilogy release than SMS.

Not to mention the fact that anybody who missed GoW on the PS3 because they jumped to Xbox already likely played 1 and 2 on the PS2. Because, y'know, everybody had a PS2. Or the fact that the hack/slash genre has experienced a massive drop in sales since GoW3 launched, making them harder to justify a high budget for, while shooters have stayed just as popular. And, y'know, Uncharted 1-3 already having 1080p models and textures because ND develops high-res and downscales. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

GameMasterPC said:

Who says that? Anyways I'm not going to every person on this site and telling this to them.

a lot of people say that. and im not suggesting you go to every person to this site and tell them that. youre being dramatic. im simply suggesting that telling me that is a waste of time because im not the one going around making a justification for an uncharted trilogy remake over a god of war trilogy remake.

Does everyone forget that there are more than 3 god of war games?
Maybe you guys should chill out and wait for the 4 pack.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

No, we all know there are 6, but the trilogy is essential for any newcomer to the series to understand the story. I agree though, 2 of the 3 spinoffs are as good as the first two games in the series, but they are not necessary to understand the story.

But GOW III is a game which can be enjoyed for the gameplay alone as well.

GameMasterPC said:

a lot of people say that. and im not suggesting you go to every person to this site and tell them that. youre being dramatic. im simply suggesting that telling me that is a waste of time because im not the one going around making a justification for an uncharted trilogy remake over a god of war trilogy remake.

I was being sarcastic obviously lol.

GameMasterPC said:
GameMasterPC said:

I was being sarcastic obviously lol.

oooh. 

well thats good. a lot of users on this site get their diaper full hella quick, so its easy to fool me i guess.

GameMasterPC said:
theprof00 said:

No, we all know there are 6, but the trilogy is essential for any newcomer to the series to understand the story. I agree though, 2 of the 3 spinoffs are as good as the first two games in the series, but they are not necessary to understand the story.

I meant on the ps4, but there are 6 in total, not including that damn mobile one.
Hey, I'd prefer to wait on something more like the metal gear legacy collection.
metal gear NES, VR:missions, mgs1, mgs2, mgs3, mgs4, peacewalker

I mean, why complain about there not being a trilogy pack when we should really be asking for a legacy pack of all 6 games.

theprof00 said:
GameMasterPC said:

I meant on the ps4, but there are 6 in total, not including that damn mobile one.
Hey, I'd prefer to wait on something more like the metal gear legacy collection.
metal gear NES, VR:missions, mgs1, mgs2, mgs3, mgs4, peacewalker

I mean, why complain about there not being a trilogy pack when we should really be asking for a legacy pack of all 6 games.

All 6 games wouldn't fit on one disc. God Of War III and God Of War Ascension are both 35GB, and then there's four others. That's kind of too much too ask lol.