By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony doesn't make sense

Which would you prefer?

Uncharted: Collection 115 76.16%

God Of war: Trilogy 36 23.84%

Total:151

God of War all day. I am Unsharted hater, they are untolerably bad cover shooters

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
GameMasterPC said:

So recently Sony announced Uncharted: Collection coming to PS4 with all 3 mainline Uncharted games. So I'm left scratching my head. Its not that I don't like this collection, its a very good deal. But what i don't understand is why didn't they give God Of War the same treatment? They announced God Of war III: Remastered a few months ago, which only has one God Of War game remastered instead of all 3 mainline games. It doesn't make sense, as God Of War is a major franchise for Soy and has sold more than the Uncharted franchise. They are contradicting themselves.

They seriously need to have better managment of their studios.

you are aware that the first 2 god of war games are PS2 games? Making them remaster if not just upgrading the textures, the polys would look really ugly if you just dont upgrade them too, so.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

radha said:
GameMasterPC said:

So recently Sony announced Uncharted: Collection coming to PS4 with all 3 mainline Uncharted games. So I'm left scratching my head. Its not that I don't like this collection, its a very good deal. But what i don't understand is why didn't they give God Of War the same treatment? They announced God Of war III: Remastered a few months ago, which only has one God Of War game remastered instead of all 3 mainline games. It doesn't make sense, as God Of War is a major franchise for Soy and has sold more than the Uncharted franchise. They are contradicting themselves.

They seriously need to have better managment of their studios.

you are aware that the first 2 god of war games are PS2 games? Making them remaster if not just upgrading the textures, the polys would look really ugly if you just dont upgrade them too, so.

I don't mind it if its 1080p60fps with upgraded textures.

GameMasterPC said:
theprof00 said:

I meant on the ps4, but there are 6 in total, not including that damn mobile one.
Hey, I'd prefer to wait on something more like the metal gear legacy collection.
metal gear NES, VR:missions, mgs1, mgs2, mgs3, mgs4, peacewalker

I mean, why complain about there not being a trilogy pack when we should really be asking for a legacy pack of all 6 games.

All 6 games wouldn't fit on one disc. God Of War III and God Of War Ascension are both 35GB, and then there's four others. That's kind of too much too ask lol.

metal gear Legacy collection is 2 discs. (and 2 digital download vouchers)

RolStoppable said:
It makes perfect sense. Remastering PS3 games is easy, but PS2 games would require some serious effort.

I think it's this.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Conina said:

God of War reached 21 million in 2012: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-05-god-of-war-series-has-sold-over-21-million-copies

Since then the "God of War Saga", "God of War: Ascencion", and the Vita-version of the "God of War Collection" were released.

Uncharted is still higher up.  

3 titles sold 21 million vs 3 GoW titles selling 15 million.  

Both huge franchises though.  

Though GoW Saga should be remade for PS4, I think....

The whole series is playable on PS3, and at least half will be playable on PS4 with PSNow when III Remastered comes out. If you have a (now $30) PSTV and a PS4, you can play almost the entire franchise (I forget if Ascension is on PSNow yet, not that it matters, since it's forgettable to all but super-fans).

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

the-pi-guy said:
Conina said:

God of War reached 21 million in 2012: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-05-god-of-war-series-has-sold-over-21-million-copies

Since then the "God of War Saga", "God of War: Ascencion", and the Vita-version of the "God of War Collection" were released.

Uncharted is still higher up.  

3 titles sold 21 million vs 3 GoW titles selling 15 million.  

Both huge franchises though.  

Though GoW Saga should be remade for PS4, I think....

As a franchise though God Of War has sold more. Also these sales were back in 2012, its sold a lot more by now.

Btw God Of War Sagas probably took some of that sales as well.

the-pi-guy said:
GameMasterPC said:

As a franchise though God Of War has sold more.

Yes, that is correct.  

But Uncharted sells more per title.  

If I make 30 titles that each sell 1 million, is that more impressive than 1 game that sells 20 million?  

No, it really isn't.  

The mainline God Of War games have probably sold a lot more since then. These God Of War sales were from 2012, while the Uncharted sales are the latest figures. You have to remember that God Of War games have great legs in many countries around the world.

GT is Sony's biggest title, Uncharted is Sony's second, everything else is below these two franchises. Although I would prefer to have a GoW Saga collection on PS4 seeing how GoW is in my top 3 favorite franchises of all time I just don't see it pushing as many sales as Uncharted would. Uncharted has a much more casual appeal to it making more approachable to consumers.

But someone within the first 20 posts or so said that GoW was a way larger franchise than Uncharted and this isn't even close to the truth. There hasn't been an Uncharted to sell less than 5.5 million on home consoles, this franchise would be Sony's biggest if it weren't for how huge GT is.

the-pi-guy said:
DivinePaladin said:

The whole series is playable on PS3, and at least half will be playable on PS4 with PSNow when III Remastered comes out. If you have a (now $30) PSTV and a PS4, you can play almost the entire franchise (I forget if Ascension is on PSNow yet, not that it matters, since it's forgettable to all but super-fans).

Ascension is on PSNow.  As is the entire Uncharted series.  I don't want to stream my games.  I want to own them.  

Then get them on PS3. If you want to collect, you can't expect convenience. 

GameMasterPC said:
the-pi-guy said:

Yes, that is correct.  

But Uncharted sells more per title.  

If I make 30 titles that each sell 1 million, is that more impressive than 1 game that sells 20 million?  

No, it really isn't.  

The mainline God Of War games have probably sold a lot more since then. These God Of War sales were from 2012, while the Uncharted sales are the latest figures. You have to remember that God Of War games have great legs in many countries around the world.

Ascension stagnated VERY quickly (within a month of launch it ended up back below PSAS on PSN), and Sony doesn't print new copies of old games. The only thing that could've sold would be the HD Collection that's also fairly old. This isn't Nintendo here, the used market is a thing. In all likelihood, those 2012 numbers are still accurate, minus the known 1.5 or so million that Ascension sold. If you believe otherwise you're expecting WAY too much as far as legs go.   

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!