By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF! Final Fantasy XV Story Is Not Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Your Reaction to this news

I wish I didn't read it 20 10.15%

WTF! 26 13.20%

I miss Stella!! 41 20.81%

Meh.. Don't Care. 110 55.84%

Total:197

Here's a thought. What if Stella wasn't all you guys are hyping her up to be? What if she was a minor character at best, in two scenes, and then died or disappeared for the rest of the game? Or, what if she complained about everything, was spoiled, felt everything should bend to her will, and be thoroughly unpleasant to be around, and never changing.

Of course we'll never know for sure, but this is just as much a possibility as her being a good character is.

Around the Network

My only issue with FFXV is that it is a post Squaresoft game. The SquEnix era  <<<<< Squaresoft era.

awesome news if you ask me nomura no longer directing? great!! changing his story and whatnot? even better every game i played that he made had horrible writing, cheesy dialogue, bad gameplay

Lamace said:
Here's a thought. What if Stella wasn't all you guys are hyping her up to be? What if she was a minor character at best, in two scenes, and then died or disappeared for the rest of the game? Or, what if she complained about everything, was spoiled, felt everything should bend to her will, and be thoroughly unpleasant to be around, and never changing.

Of course we'll never know for sure, but this is just as much a possibility as her being a good character is.

Then all of SE previous trailers for Versus were complete and utter bull. The information from the trailers and interviews was enough to give people a pretty good idea of Stella's past and personality. Whilst its possible that Stella might not have been so great, there's enough information out there that people were anticipating a great story between Noctis and Stella.

Scoobes said:
Lamace said:

Then all of SE previous trailers for Versus were complete and utter bull. The information from the trailers and interviews was enough to give people a pretty good idea of Stella's past and personality. Whilst its possible that Stella might not have been so great, there's enough information out there that people were anticipating a great story between Noctis and Stella.

Now, people can anticipate a great story between Noctis and Luna. Not a big deal.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Scoobes said:
Lamace said:

Now, people can anticipate a great story between Noctis and Luna. Not a big deal.

Not as great as Noctis and Stella so far. Big deal indeed when that is coming from the very first trailer.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Hynad said:

Not as great as Noctis and Stella so far. Big deal indeed when that is coming from the very first trailer.

Not a big deal to me. And you know next to nothing about Luna, and how she changed from Stella's character. Other than the fact that the party scene has been removed. Who's Luna exactly? What is her role in the story? Nobody knows yet. Could be good. Good be better even than what Stella was. Could be worse. We'll learn more about it as time goes by. I try to keep an open mind.

Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Not a big deal to me. And you know next to nothing about Luna, and how she changed from Stella's character. Other than the fact that the party scene has been removed. Who's Luna exactly? What is her role in the story? Nobody knows yet. Could be good. Good be better even than what Stella was. Could be worse. We'll learn more about it as time goes by. I try to keep an open mind.

I know Luna's first impression is really not impressive as Stella. I know the entire combat system in FFXV is not as great is FFvXIII also. this is not about Stella only.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

As I said before, Stella is more symbollic of the significant changes that have happened since the name change. Whether the changes are better or worse is up for debate, but the point is it's not the game people were anticipating or the one promised to people from the earlier trailers and interviews.

Since the name change I suspect they've decided to "mainstream" the game ideas rather than staying true to the original artistic design spec to broaden its appeal. They did this with 12 for instance when they completely changed and introduced two new main characters to appeal to "younger" demographics. In that game it felt very forced as they had no significance to the plot. The worry is that the changes will from Versus to XV will cause a similar effect.

Scoobes said:
Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

As I said before, Stella is more symbollic of the significant changes that have happened since the name change. Whether the changes are better or worse is up for debate, but the point is it's not the game people were anticipating or the one promised to people from the earlier trailers and interviews.

Since the name change I suspect they've decided to "mainstream" the game ideas rather than staying true to the original artistic design spec to broaden its appeal. They did this with 12 for instance when they completely changed and introduced two new main characters to appeal to "younger" demographics. In that game it felt very forced as they had no significance to the plot. The worry is that the changes will from Versus to XV will cause a similar effect.

Please list actual examples to support this statement (Stella -> Luna isn't an example).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.