By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF! Final Fantasy XV Story Is Not Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Your Reaction to this news

I wish I didn't read it 20 10.15%

WTF! 26 13.20%

I miss Stella!! 41 20.81%

Meh.. Don't Care. 110 55.84%

Total:197
sc94597 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Maybe Nomura eventually pulls/is pulled on a "Hideo Kojima" and goes work his idea somewhere else.

And then Square sues him back for rights to the original material claiming is theirs and then they spend months in court until the Californian earthquake happens and Japan sinks in the ocean and everyone in Japan unfortunately dies and then the end.

Nomura can join Sakaguchi and they can make an excellent game together. :) 

And see the team working together again. :)

I wish I could live in a reality were both FFs would exist. Both vsXiii and XV.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:

And see the team working together again. :)

I wish I could live in a reality were both FFs would exist. Both vsXiii and XV.

Eh, I wouldn't roll out the possibility of a XV-2 existing, directed by Nomura, having most of the Versus in there. I mean, if FFXV it's a big hit, why not? They would have XV already done as a foundation, so the development of direct sequel would be, in theory, smother and, hopefully, cheaper.

I'm now filled with determination.

thatguymarco said:

Eh, I wouldn't roll out the possibility of a XV-2 existing, directed by Nomura, having most of the Versus in there. I mean, if FFXV it's a big hit, why not? They would have XV already done as a foundation, so the development of direct sequel would be, in theory, smother and, hopefully, cheaper.

That sounds nice. If that were to happen I can already imagine some follow up to the little we know from XV. I guess Luna must die in FFXV. That way Noctis can be all sad in XV-2 (like in the trailers) with a broken heart beggin to be restored by a savior that comes in the form of Stella. Then Noctis learns he needs to fight Stella (because in the trailer for VsXIII she is like in an opposing side to him). Then Noctis would be like: "Shit, I just fell in love with this chick after all my heartbreak and now she's my enemy... fuck my life!"

I think this could be possible. Some people here have said that Nomura may have been a trainwreck as director and that is why he was removed from FF, but if he really was a mess then I suppose he wouldn't even be fit for KH, then why did they let him work there?

HollyGamer said:
Nem said:
HollyGamer said:
W

THIS!!!!

Thanks to Internet we can complain about games that never exist.

That is not true. 

There is a very long trailer where Noctis and Stella have a conversation in a party. Her character was established. That is why they had to cut all ties with FFVXIII.

Come  on Nem, you can do better then this.     Trailer ??? really??? Trailer???    We are discussing about games,  not some  trailers  and also we still don't know the trailer running on PS3 or not.

For  now it's better we grateful that the games finally able to release. Have you play FF VS13 before or have you play FF XV as well ??? If the answer is no, then it's a pointless debate. We can hold the the discussion 3 years or 2 years from now.

I am not that invested with the game at this point. I confess i was more interested in it when it was beeing made by Nomura and music, characters and events looked much better. It was a different game though. I remember getting very excited for the game to come out watching that misterious conversation Noctis and Stella had, where it seemed obvious that they would have to fight at some point.

I agree that at least the game is coming out now, but the question is at what price? How much of Versus is really still in the game. It may really be that this isnt versus in any way except the main character assets beeing re-used.

AbbathTheGrim said:

That sounds nice. If that were to happen I can already imagine some follow up to the little we know from XV. I guess Luna must die in FFXV. That way Noctis can be all sad in XV-2 (like in the trailers) with a broken heart beggin to be restored by a savior that comes in the form of Stella. Then Noctis learns he needs to fight Stella (because in the trailer for VsXIII she is like in an opposing side to him). Then Noctis would be like: "Shit, I just fell in love with this chick after all my heartbreak and now she's my enemy... fuck my life!"

I think this could be possible. Some people here have said that Nomura may have been a trainwreck as director and that is why he was removed from FF, but if he really was a mess then I suppose he wouldn't even be fit for KH, then why did they let him work there?

I don't see Stella coming back, ever, not without some awkward and forced plot-twist or plot-convenience, as far as we know, she was rewritten as Luna, and well, if they got to the trouble of rewriting a whole character, I must assume that her Noctis-like powers were removed, maybe she was too intrusive of a character in the story so they decided that removing her was the way to go to streamline development, that, OR they know that Internet feminists would get make a big fucking ordeal out off seeing Noctis beating the shit out a woman, and decided to go the safe route and make her into a strong independent woman who don't need no man that does little in the story, but that doesn't pose a threat to the main cast, either way, it fucking sucks, but, I'm rambling now.

Well, as far as Nomura being removed from the director's seat, I think that most of it has to do with the fact that he announced KH3 too early, he directed both games for more than a year, and I can see that kind of pressure leading Nomura to be an unfocused mess, but I don't think that's the main reason he was removed, I think that his vision of the game was either too ambitious or controvertial for Squeenix to allow development to go through, and decided to get someone easier to manipulate to follow orders to direct the project (Tabata), although, I'l give Nomura-haters something, it was a stupid decision to announce KH3 that early, it just led for development of both games to be slowed down, since, both games ended changing fucking ENGINES during development, that must mean that not that much had been done for either of them, KH3 more so than FFXV, although, in FFXV's case, it may be the fact that the "Ebony" engine used in the E3 2013 trailer was too good for the consoles to run it, since the trailer looks fucking amazing and seems to have quite the work done on it. I think that Nomura was removed more out of a necessity, rather than outcry from the company, Squeenix just needed to get the games moving and having one man behind both of their most anticipated tittles was gonna affect dev speed, combine that and the fact that the man's vision was too good to be true (which, by the way, wouldn't had been the case if Nomura won his argument about keeping FFvsXIII as a 7th gen game and kept working on the 2011 build of the game, hell, the game could've been completed by now) and it's easy to see why Squeenix removed him, the game needed to come out as fast as possible, be appealing for most people and a markatable beast, and it needed to not overblow its (ridiculous) budget, and that was something that a NEXT GEN Versus XIII wasn't gonna do for them.

Also, Nomura is still working in KH since nobody other than him has ever touched that series, even the co-director would be lost without the creative soul to make KH3 the best game it could possibly be...

...although, I must agree with everyone, Nomura's skill as a writter has gotten way, way worse. Birth by Sleep had me in tears, of boredom. Sorry for the long-ass reply by the way.

Around the Network
thatguymarco said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I don't see Stella coming back, ever, not without some awkward and forced plot-twist or plot-convenience, as far as we know, she was rewritten as Luna, and well, if they got to the trouble of rewriting a whole character, I must assume that her Noctis-like powers were removed, maybe she was too intrusive of a character in the story so they decided that removing her was the way to go to streamline development, that, OR they know that Internet feminists would get make a big fucking ordeal out off seeing Noctis beating the shit out a woman, and decided to go the safe route and make her into a strong independent woman who don't need no man that does little in the story, but that doesn't pose a threat to the main cast, either way, it fucking sucks, but, I'm rambling now.

Well, as far as Nomura being removed from the director's seat, I think that most of it has to do with the fact that he announced KH3 too early, he directed both games for more than a year, and I can see that kind of pressure leading Nomura to be an unfocused mess, but I don't think that's the main reason he was removed, I think that his vision of the game was either too ambitious or controvertial for Squeenix to allow development to go through, and decided to get someone easier to manipulate to follow orders to direct the project (Tabata), although, I'l give Nomura-haters something, it was a stupid decision to announce KH3 that early, it just led for development of both games to be slowed down, since, both games ended changing fucking ENGINES during development, that must mean that not that much had been done for either of them, KH3 more so than FFXV, although, in FFXV's case, it may be the fact that the "Ebony" engine used in the E3 2013 trailer was too good for the consoles to run it, since the trailer looks fucking amazing and seems to have quite the work done on it. I think that Nomura was removed more out of a necessity, rather than outcry from the company, Squeenix just needed to get the games moving and having one man behind both of their most anticipated tittles was gonna affect dev speed, combine that and the fact that the man's vision was too good to be true (which, by the way, wouldn't had been the case if Nomura won his argument about keeping FFvsXIII as a 7th gen game and kept working on the 2011 build of the game, hell, the game could've been completed by now) and it's easy to see why Squeenix removed him, the game needed to come out as fast as possible, be appealing for most people and a markatable beast, and it needed to not overblow its (ridiculous) budget, and that was something that a NEXT GEN Versus XIII wasn't gonna do for them.

Also, Nomura is still working in KH since nobody other than him has ever touched that series, even the co-director would be lost without the creative soul to make KH3 the best game it could possibly be...

...although, I must agree with everyone, Nomura's skill as a writter has gotten way, way worse. Birth by Sleep had me in tears, of boredom. Sorry for the long-ass reply by the way.

Stella was scratched and Luna came in her place:

http://www.takuchat.com/final-fantasy-versus-13-was-not-changed-it-was-canned/

What I wrote was me being creative at reconciling your idea of giving VsXIII a chance as a sequel of FFXV. I don't know much of Luna but if she is similar to Stella then it would be easier for Noctis to fall in love with her in a sequel as she would remind him of his lost love. I am just entertaining this idea of yours.

That is what I believe, that Square told us the truth and Nomura was given a sole project of KH to speed things up. I believe that someone could take on the Kingdom Hearts franchise and make a worthy sequel, just like we have new writers and directors taking the reigns for new entries/sequels to films with huge universes like comic book franchises and Star Wars for example.

AbbathTheGrim said:

Stella was scratched and Luna came in her place:

http://www.takuchat.com/final-fantasy-versus-13-was-not-changed-it-was-canned/

What I wrote was me being creative at reconciling your idea of giving VsXIII a chance as a sequel of FFXV. I don't know much of Luna but if she is similar to Stella then it would be easier for Noctis to fall in love with her in a sequel as she would remind him of his lost love. I am just entertaining this idea of yours.

That is what I believe, that Square told us the truth and Nomura was given a sole project of KH to speed things up. I believe that someone could take on the Kingdom Hearts franchise and make a worthy sequel, just like we have new writers and directors taking the reigns for new entries/sequels to films with huge universes like comic book franchises and Star Wars for example.

Stella and Luna are still very similar characters physically, if you ask me or any other dude in the street, they're the same, so I can't see the name "Stella" being present in a sequel without some kind of magical or unnatural explanation, I can see Luna evolving into what Stella was supposed to be in a sequel, but having both as different characters is something I can't see, that's what I meant.

Also,that's kinda what I want to happen to be honest, I want KH to start being handled by other people for a while after KH3 comes out, so that Nomura has a chance to do other projects. It would be interesting to see how a franchise like that is handled without his daddy.

thatguymarco said:

Stella and Luna are still very similar characters physically, if you ask me or any other dude in the street, they're the same, so I can't see the name "Stella" being present in a sequel without some kind of magical or unnatural explanation, I can see Luna evolving into what Stella was supposed to be in a sequel, but having both as different characters is something I can't see, that's what I meant.

Also,that's kinda what I want to happen to be honest, I want KH to start being handled by other people for a while after KH3 comes out, so that Nomura has a chance to do other projects. It would be interesting to see how a franchise like that is handled without his daddy.

We don't know much about Luna to be honest so I can't talk about her personality and its development. But if her physical appearance is the issue then Stella could be completely changed. It can be different for everyone but to me the most interesting aspect of Stella was the little info we had about her personality and the possible dilemma she could pose for Noctis by being both his love interest and enemy.

Nem said:
HollyGamer said:

Come  on Nem, you can do better then this.     Trailer ??? really??? Trailer???    We are discussing about games,  not some  trailers  and also we still don't know the trailer running on PS3 or not.

For  now it's better we grateful that the games finally able to release. Have you play FF VS13 before or have you play FF XV as well ??? If the answer is no, then it's a pointless debate. We can hold the the discussion 3 years or 2 years from now.

I am not that invested with the game at this point. I confess i was more interested in it when it was beeing made by Nomura and music, characters and events looked much better. It was a different game though. I remember getting very excited for the game to come out watching that misterious conversation Noctis and Stella had, where it seemed obvious that they would have to fight at some point.

I agree that at least the game is coming out now, but the question is at what price? How much of Versus is really still in the game. It may really be that this isnt versus in any way except the main character assets beeing re-used.

But the composer never changed, and a lot of the music has still appeared in both gameplay/trailers.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

thatguymarco said:

SE are the architects of Versus' long troubled development, throughout the 7th gen SE were clearly in disarrays and kept pulling teams to fix problems of their own making and Versus just ended up being convenient for them. 

Some will say this is an ott view but I think Versus ' was just convenient for SE to try and get back on track, the whole XIII saga was meant to be XIII, Type-0 (then called Agito) and Versus, instead we got XIII, XIII-2 and LR. With the extra effort needed to redevelop XIV I doubt they had anything at all for the next game FFXV but they happened to have an FF related project in development in Versus, hijacking the project and changing things around was convenient and would save more time then building something from scratch for the 8th gen.

If the was an actual FFXV already in development I have little doubt most of the changes would not have taken place even with Nomura as head of KH and Versus but because the project is now the flagship title for the company in the 8th gen these changes were made.