By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which Sells More Uncharted or ROTR - Update: Decision - Uncharted

Which Sales More Holiday 2015

Uncharted NDC 478 73.31%

Rise of the Tomb Raider 174 26.69%

Total:652

Depends on the degree of bundling each game gets. If both games were just selling on their own I'd clearly go with Uncharted, but bundles and how hard they are being pushed can make all the difference here. Will Sonys black friday bunduru include the Uncharted Collection? Seems like a decent bet, so that could tip the odds in Uncharteds direction. Then again Tomb Raider could be heavily featured in the upcoming X1 bundles this week and that could change things drastically again.

Around the Network

Uncharted. The PS4 version of The Last of Us, a remaster, sold more than the 360 and Xbox One versions of Tomb Raider combined. I don't think interest is there for a new Tomb Raider on Xbox One.

DJEVOLVE said:
If Tomb Raider sells more, that is one hell of an achievement considering the install base for Xbox One is just over half of PS4's install base.

However I do think Tomb Raider has it, I also think Xbox One will Outsell PS4 in NA Majority of the Holiday season.

Are you serious ? The opposite is an achievement, not your statement, it would be worrying if Tomb Raider doesnt sell more being a new game

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Some people are gonna be in shock when Uncharted outsells Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider isn't a big Franchise on Xbox 1.
Also it should only be sales of Xbox one vs PS4 and not include 360

Aerys said:
DJEVOLVE said:
If Tomb Raider sells more, that is one hell of an achievement considering the install base for Xbox One is just over half of PS4's install base.

However I do think Tomb Raider has it, I also think Xbox One will Outsell PS4 in NA Majority of the Holiday season.

Are you serious ? The opposite is an achievement, not your statement, it would be worrying if Tomb Raider doesnt sell more being a new game

My god, all this making the competition look better just to say afterwards how much an achievement and "unexpected" successes were.

PS4 has almost twice the install base of Xb1 - how can it be an achievement then? Just compare sales from TR2013 with Uncharted (by platform).

Around the Network
Ashadian said:
Some people are gonna be in shock when Uncharted outsells Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider isn't a big Franchise on Xbox 1.
Also it should only be sales of Xbox one vs PS4 and not include 360

Who is gonne be shocked? Seriously, no one should be shocked.

Uncharted. Tomb Raider looks to be selling like crap for pre-orders. I think alot of people are going to just wait til TR hits the PS4, to buy it.

walsufnir said:
Aerys said:

My god, all this making the competition look better just to say afterwards how much an achievement and "unexpected" successes were.

PS4 has almost twice the install base of Xb1 - how can it be an achievement then? Just compare sales from TR2013 with Uncharted (by platform).

Just compare sales from a collection like Halo with sales from TR2013, you people have trouble with logic it seems.

A collection sells like 2M maximum for the biggest one

TR2013 sold more than 4M on old gen consoles, and 6M with next gen consoles.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
walsufnir said:

Just compare sales from a collection like Halo with sales from TR2013, you people have trouble with logic it seems.

A collection sells like 2M maximum for the biggest one

TR2013 sold more than 4M on old gen consoles, and 6M with next gen consoles.

Don't get personal, nobody here has trouble with logic (well, mostly). Sony will put a huge marketing campaign up for UCC, they made sure the best porting group made the port for reasons. They want to establish Drake as iconic for Playstation which is a good thing.

TR2013 sold especially more on Playstation consoles but that isn't logic, right?

It is kinda funny how this is even a discussion though, I remember when the TR deal was announced that it was treated like a huge get for MS and later on when SFV was revealed I saw it being downplayed as totally irrelevant, while TR would be huge on Xbox. A lot of that TR will be huge talk kinda disappeared with the actual reveal of the versions on the other platforms though... It might be that I saw all of that on reddit and not here, I'm not sure.