By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pre-NPD: Microsoft Expects To Trail In February

Wow ... PSP is down in the US ... well at least it stands good in the US :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Wow ... PSP is down in the US ... well at least it stands good in the US :D

I would expect a little different this month however as GoW was just released and Final Fantasy : Crisis Core is just around the corner. :) Hopefully it picks up a bit in the month of March. If Sony was smart, they would give us US citizens that same Final Fantasy Edition PSP bundle. *crosses fingers although it is HIGHLY unlikely.

Is WildArms XF any good by the way? Anyone know?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

gebx said:
kingofwale said:
dabaus513 said:
Wheres starcraft to spin this?

How will gebx spin this? Last time I checked, the guy's facing 8 weeks ban on March NPD number.

NPD numbers only apply to MikeB, everyone else is according to VGC.

Hey King, how about you join in the bet with MikeB based on March NPD numbers?

Common! You chickened out the first time. Will you chicken out again?

Chickened out? I was never a part of that bet. and frankly considering all the drama with Microsoft declaring the shortage. Winning this bet would mean absolutely nothing to do.

I will bet when it's all about the consumer.  Maybe I will wait for you after your 3 months ban. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

a sales guy who works at microsoft talking to bill gates: ps3 outsells xbox 360 for two months now we need an excuse mr gates!

bill gates: uhh shortages thats it ha ha they will have to believe that now back
to my plans to conquer the world with the microsoft android HA HA AH HA HA HA!

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

smiles123 said:
a sales guy who works at microsoft talking to bill gates: ps3 outsells xbox 360 for two months now we need an excuse mr gates!

bill gates: uhh shortages thats it ha ha they will have to believe that now back
to my plans to conquer the world with the microsoft android HA HA AH HA HA HA!

I thought Gates was off doing other things at the moment?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

well blaming the shortages worked for nintendo y not microsoft? *end sarcasm*

Arkk said:
Threads like this always boil down to ridiculous fanboy rants about everything and anything. Can anyone on this entire site ever be civil?

Amen.

The sad part isn't when people celebrate their console doing well, it gets pathetic and ugly when people relish another console's failures or shortcomings. 

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

If the difference between the two is 10-15k units, does it really matter which one sold the extra ones?  That number is totally inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. 

Notice how the people that say "Hey, we've got plenty of 360s here!" are always from New York or L.A. or some other well-populated area?  Just because Long Island and other relatively affluent well-populated areas have 360s doesn't mean there isn't a shortage.  If the Walmart in the middle of Oklahoma's back country doesn't have them, it's a shortage.  And don't forget how HUGE a player in retail Wal-Mart is, and think about what communities they are typically located and most influential.

If you are supply constrained, it means you are going to send the 250k units you DO have to well populated areas that consume lots of electronics - towns of 500k+ rather than towns of 8k, right?  You're going to put the limited supply in front of the most people to make sure it's sold through.

When you replenish the inventory, you stock the middle of Wyoming and you aren't constrained any more. 

lionkitten said:

Notice how the people that say "Hey, we've got plenty of 360s here!" are always from New York or L.A. or some other well-populated area?  Just because Long Island and other relatively affluent well-populated areas have 360s doesn't mean there isn't a shortage.  If the Walmart in the middle of Oklahoma's back country doesn't have them, it's a shortage.  And don't forget how HUGE a player in retail Wal-Mart is, and think about what communities they are typically located and most influential.

If you are supply constrained, it means you are going to send the 250k units you DO have to well populated areas that consume lots of electronics - towns of 500k+ rather than towns of 8k, right?  You're going to put the limited supply in front of the most people to make sure it's sold through.

When you replenish the inventory, you stock the middle of Wyoming and you aren't constrained any more. 

There is something called the internet as well....if you really wanted to buy a 360 you could find one. Do you know any people from South Dakota who have shown pictures of the 360 being out of stock?