By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
I haven't had any issues with Titanfall 2, not sure what people are complaining about. TTK (time to kill) is a bit fast, but that is something that can easily be fixed, this is pre alpha code afterall.

Where to even begin.....

They've removed the games most popular game mode, Bounty Hunter is supposed to be an "evolution" of it, but it's really not. They've all but completely removed the bots, which served a multitude of purposes in the original...they added a sense of scale to the matches, they filled out what had to be necessarily large maps to accommodate for the titans, and they helped draw out players into the open for more engagements. The new Titans are fragile, and feel weak. Any of the first game's titans could wreck them. You also can't customize their loadout anymore as they're now just set "classes" essentially. In TF1 getting your Titan was exciting, and empowering...now you're better off on foot. They removed proper rodeo fights. The controls aren't as smooth, making you feel slower, and the grappling hook is very clunky, at least right now. Pilots using anti titan weapons don't even get a sidearm anymore. I mean it just goes on and on.....

All they had to do was make Titanfall 1, add more game modes, maps, weapons, titans, and I guess the campaign to appease people who won't but multiplayer only. Instead they've fundamentally altered the core game for the worse, and removed things that everyone loved. But hey, good on them. If you're gonna shoot yourself in the foot, might as well use a bazooka to make sure people notice

Around the Network

I guess Sea of Thieves can be really fun if you will play it with some friends to communicate with each other. With some random people it could be as bad as playing LoL or something with randoms.

Gears looks like it's stuck in the past a little bit. This might be welcome by fans who don't want too many changes but for magazines and the likes it will be like "feels too much like the old games without enough new stuff"

crissindahouse said:

Gears looks like it's stuck in the past a little bit. This might be welcome by fans who don't want too many changes but for magazines and the likes it will be like "feels too much like the old games without enough new stuff"

To be honest that's kinda how I feel about it as well. I mean I'm looking forward to playing it, because Gears is just a fun game, especially the coop campaign, and horde mode....but I'm just not as super hyped for this one as I have been for Gears 2 and 3 in the past. It mostly just looks like Gears 3 to me with some better graphics and a few new toys. They're playing it very safe, perhaps to show the fans that the series is in good hands, but as the first main entry in the series in half a decade, and the first real (non remake) entry on a new console I can't help but wish it was more ambitious

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

Where to even begin.....

They've removed the games most popular game mode, Bounty Hunter is supposed to be an "evolution" of it, but it's really not. They've all but completely removed the bots, which served a multitude of purposes in the original...they added a sense of scale to the matches, they filled out what had to be necessarily large maps to accommodate for the titans, and they helped draw out players into the open for more engagements. The new Titans are fragile, and feel weak. Any of the first game's titans could wreck them. You also can't customize their loadout anymore as they're now just set "classes" essentially. In TF1 getting your Titan was exciting, and empowering...now you're better off on foot. They removed proper rodeo fights. The controls aren't as smooth, making you feel slower, and the grappling hook is very clunky, at least right now. Pilots using anti titan weapons don't even get a sidearm anymore. I mean it just goes on and on.....

All they had to do was make Titanfall 1, add more game modes, maps, weapons, titans, and I guess the campaign to appease people who won't but multiplayer only. Instead they've fundamentally altered the core game for the worse, and removed things that everyone loved. But hey, good on them. If you're gonna shoot yourself in the foot, might as well use a bazooka to make sure people notice

1. Are you sure the mode is actually removed? This is an alpha test so it only has a fraction of the game modes, maps, and weapons that will be in the final release.

2. I agree about the bots, but to be fair, alot of people wanted them to be removed, I constantly see comments on Titanfall 2 articles and videos that say "I hope the bots are gone" 

3. I assume the Titan changes were done for balancing reasons, fully customizeable Titans are inherently unbalanced, but with the new Titan class changes every Titan has a counter.  I can see this being one of the mostr divisive changes in Titanfall 2. I do feel like they need to speed up Titan charge time though, it takes forever to get a Titan in Titanfall 2, compared to the first game.

4. I haven't had any isues with the controls, everything feels quite smooth to me. In fact, I feel like it plays faster than Titanfall 1, not slower.

5. Making people choose between an anti-Titan loadout and a sidearm is strange, not sure why they did that. I assume once again they had a balancing reason for it, but I really don't know.

Ya they've removed it. One of the developers specifically called Bounty Hunter an evolution, they wouldn't do that if they'd still kept Attrition.

The only people who really called for getting rid of bots were the people who didn't actually play the game tbh. Everyone who did knows the bots are essential. Hell they eventually added a pilot only mode to TF1, and it was swiftly abandoned, once everyone saw for a fact just how shit it was.

Titans with loadouts aren't inherently unbalanced. All you have to do is make sure that all the available options have their respective ups and downs. TF1 was actually remarkably well balanced in regards to the Titans. If anything, it was most of the pilot arsenal that was redundant.

Around the Network

I understand what you're saying but I'm glad they aren't changing it too much. Fan base (and magazines also) would go on and on how it isn't gears anymore. But I think Coalition is very ambitious to bring in the best Gears experience ever by learning from previous mistakes in series and coming up with new stuff. No need to fix what ain't broken just for the sake of it. Ask ACDC!

KiigelHeart said:
I understand what you're saying but I'm glad they aren't changing it too much. Fan base (and magazines also) would go on and on how it isn't gears anymore. But I think Coalition is very ambitious to bring in the best Gears experience ever by learning from previous mistakes in series and coming up with new stuff. No need to fix what ain't broken just for the sake of it. Ask ACDC!

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I want Gears to be something radically different, it just would have been cool to see a bit more innovation that's all. Something where you go "Wow, they haven't done that before." Maybe it's there. Maybe at some point in the campaign, or some part of the new Horde mode (which they haven't shown at all yet). I just haven't seen anything yet that makes me as excited as I was for a Gears game in the past that's all.

Angelus said:

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I want Gears to be something radically different, it just would have been cool to see a bit more innovation that's all. Something where you go "Wow, they haven't done that before." Maybe it's there. Maybe at some point in the campaign, or some part of the new Horde mode (which they haven't shown at all yet). I just haven't seen anything yet that makes me as excited as I was for a Gears game in the past that's all.

Well, they never messed up Marcus' tomatoes before 😊

Yup I get what you mean, I wouldn't mind some innovations for campaign but perfectly balanced multiplayer is something they haven't done before. If they want to come up with online versus innovations it has to be something as excellent as Overrun.

I'm quite a bit late to the party, but I think I've played enough of AC Unity (sequence 8) to give my final impressions.

The graphics are amazing and belong to the best I've seen on X1. Textures have a high quality, lighting is fantastic, the amount of NPCs are insane and it's probably the first AC game to have good looking characer models. The amount of traversable houses is impressive and Paris is just fantastic and belongs to my favourite cities within the AC universe.
The frame rate has probably improved a lot over the launch debacle. While it's not always 30FPS, the majority of the game feels good enough. If you synchronize the view points and in some cutscenes I've seen it to get to probably 10-15 FPS ish, but overall very playable. As far as glitches go I've encountered a few but most of them were minor annoyances at best.
About the gameplay, it's probably the worst AC game. I like the change that RT+A climbs up and RT+B climbs down (which is fast and works very well) but why can't I wall eject when I want to, even if it's listed in the upper right corner that it's a viable movement option? Same for pressing B to get down from a ledge. Most of the time it just doesn't work. Makes things like escaping VERY annoying. While climbing up and down works well, moving horizontally isn't that great and I feel like precision has been removed.
The cover system isn't very good either. Press the cover button and try your luck. When you need it most it won't work. Promise.
Camera doesn't zoom out enough when you're in a fight. Thus many attacks come as a surprise and you have no chance of parrying them.
I have absolutely no problems with Arno or the story. He's no Ezio but he's fine. I also like the rifts that take you to more modern times. So far they don't add that much, but it's nice to see something a little different.

Overall I hate to say it but it's the worst main line Assassin's Creed simply because of the gameplay changes. They wasted a huge potential as this could've been a very fun game but as of now it's only good when everything works as it's supposed to.

7.5/10

If anyone still wants it there's a possibilty to get a digital code for under 1€. Just quote me if you want to know more.

Sup guys!!!

I logged in because of the Titanfall 2 discussion and wanted to add my 2cents :P

I also feel like the game is slower but it gets fast when you use both the grapplin and the slide properly. What I don't like movement wise is that you use less the walls like you used to in the first one. It's like the maps are made so you go on foot and need less to run on walls.

Areas are clustered with to many objects imo. I understand they wanted to up the graphics and environments a bit but now you end up in closed areas way more.

The Titans are not as fun as they were. The get into titan animation was always nice to see now not so much. They also feel a lot weaker and it takes way too much time to get one. I agree with one guy that said it's almost better to not have a Titant than to have one.

Where are the bots... it's like they appear in drop pods and that's it. They added a lot to the game as now you can run without encountering any enemies while you always encountered bots here and there...

The sounds and music are not as engaging.

As someone that loved the first game to death I feel like they reinvented what didn't need to be reinvented.