By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Thought I'd give some early impressions of the games I've recently bought.

Batman Arkham Knight
As mentioned before, I think it's graphically not much of an improvement from Arkham City (or Origins). It looked pretty good in the intro scene, where you play as the cop and have weather and civilians walking outside though.
Gameplay-wise it's more of the same. Feels a bit like Assassin's Creed in that regard. Obviously there's still the Batmobile and yeah the driving mechanics aren't that great and I already see there's too much focus on it.

Fallout 4
Good opening but it's getting hard quickly. I mean the 3rd or so quest is to clear out a building full of raiders. Now on the way there I encountered ghouls for the first time and damn they are quick and can do quite some damage. After that I came to the place where the raiders are hanging out and there are probably around 20 or more of them. Grenades flying everywhere....
Anyway maybe I should go to Diamond City first. Other than that it's pretty much as I expected. Pretty good.

Divinity Original Sin
Already encountered some stuff that irritates me. Picking up things takes too long and considering you'll be doing that a lot, that's quite an issue. Also don't like the text popping up just to tell you what you picked up. A) I already know that and B) it makes it look like a MMORPG, which I despise.
I like that they included voice overs, but I don't see why the game gives you the whole dialogue choice to read before you select it, only to hear it again.
The fights are pretty simple so far, but I'm sure they will get more tactical soon. This game has potential.

Layers of Fear
OMG I didn't know how bad the framerate would be when I bought it. I think it has improved a bit, but the first chapter ran at an average of 15FPS or so I think. Also this game is probably better with a mouse. Other than that great atmosphere.

Flockers
Similar to Lemmings, but sadly not even close as good. It's still pretty decent though.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Divinity Original Sin
Already encountered some stuff that irritates me. Picking up things takes too long and considering you'll be doing that a lot, that's quite an issue. Also don't like the text popping up just to tell you what you picked up. A) I already know that and B) it makes it look like a MMORPG, which I despise.
I like that they included voice overs, but I don't see why the game gives you the whole dialogue choice to read before you select it, only to hear it again.
The fights are pretty simple so far, but I'm sure they will get more tactical soon. This game has potential.

is the menu easy to navigate with an xbox controller?

It seems June was a good month for X1 in the US. Sure, it's down YoY but considering there's no reason to buy it it's a good result :P

DeusXmachina said:
shikamaru317 said:

EVO starts today guys. Killer Instinct isn't until tomorrow, but one of the other 2 fighting games at EVO that's available on Xbox One is today, Tekken 7:

Is anyone planning on watching Evo?

My bets for KI champion is either Rico Suave or Pink Diamond.

Pink Diamond I'm not sure about. Deion has been killing it with Jago recently. 

TheSting said:
DeusXmachina said:

Is anyone planning on watching Evo?

My bets for KI champion is either Rico Suave or Pink Diamond.

Pink Diamond I'm not sure about. Deion has been killing it with Jago recently. 

You mean Thompxson, right? He's great but I dont think he'll win.

Pink Diamond always played great but her problem was that she tried to combo break too much and ended up getting lockout. She's more patient now and I think she can make it.

Around the Network

Yep Thompxson. That's who I'm pulling for. He's a fellow Jago :)

It's crazy enough that the game is being developed by three developers.

While waiting for my Xbox to arrive, i picked up Sleeping Dogs: DE for $13. Loved the game on PS3, so excited to play it again on X1.

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

DeusXmachina said:
Barozi said:

Divinity Original Sin

is the menu easy to navigate with an xbox controller?

well it's impressive they managed to make a such complex game playable with a 360 controller. Easy? Probably not. You're very likely to press wrong buttons and thus land in a different menu. I guess it gets better when you spend more time playing it.

Barozi said:

Batman Arkham Knight
As mentioned before, I think it's graphically not much of an improvement from Arkham City (or Origins). It looked pretty good in the intro scene, where you play as the cop and have weather and civilians walking outside though.
Gameplay-wise it's more of the same. Feels a bit like Assassin's Creed in that regard. Obviously there's still the Batmobile and yeah the driving mechanics aren't that great and I already see there's too much focus on it.

Fallout 4
Good opening but it's getting hard quickly. I mean the 3rd or so quest is to clear out a building full of raiders. Now on the way there I encountered ghouls for the first time and damn they are quick and can do quite some damage. After that I came to the place where the raiders are hanging out and there are probably around 20 or more of them. Grenades flying everywhere....
Anyway maybe I should go to Diamond City first. Other than that it's pretty much as I expected. Pretty good.

Divinity Original Sin

Layers of Fear
OMG I didn't know how bad the framerate would be when I bought it. I think it has improved a bit, but the first chapter ran at an average of 15FPS or so I think. Also this game is probably better with a mouse. Other than that great atmosphere.

Flockers
Similar to Lemmings, but sadly not even close as good. It's still pretty decent though.

For Fallout, if you're on the Coverga Plant mission, you just need to clear out the leader (Jared). You'll need a ranged weapon or to hack the nearby Protectron and let him do the dirty work. Alternatively, if you're already in the Vault after Diamond City, you might want to plant at least one land mine... 

Or if you're an "I'm only on it for the story" guy like me, use mods to make yourself powerful fast...