By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
hudsoniscool said:
The fear of xbox and what Microsoft is doing is real. So many threads trashing xbox right now I actually find it funny. Microsoft got slammed hard for being anti-consumer. Now they are are the opposite, giving people freedom and choice.... Being slammed(for being too consumer friendly lol)

I know it's fun to simplify things, but that's a poor reduction.

Consumer friendliness is not universal and for non PC owners this is (potentially) anti-consumer. Please excuse my bad analogy, but it's like selling a Red Bull to one guy and turning around and giving it to the next guy for free. First guy may have loved his Red Bull, but it's understandable that such an action wouldn't increase his opinion of the Red Bull company.

I wouldn't disagree that there are stupid fanboys just hating on XBOX and IMO it's too soon to know if the informed fears are justified, but they are understandable.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
The fear of xbox and what Microsoft is doing is real. So many threads trashing xbox right now I actually find it funny. Microsoft got slammed hard for being anti-consumer. Now they are are the opposite, giving people freedom and choice.... Being slammed(for being too consumer friendly lol)

Like always the fear always apply to the same certain individuals in VGchartz.

Proud to be a Californian.

JoeTheBro said:
hudsoniscool said:

Consumer friendliness is not universal and for non PC owners this is (potentially) anti-consumer. Please excuse my bad analogy, but it's like selling a Red Bull to one guy and turning around and giving it to the next guy for free. First guy may have loved his Red Bull, but it's understandable that such an action wouldn't increase his opinion of the Red Bull company.

I wouldn't disagree that there are stupid fanboys just hating on XBOX and IMO it's too soon to know if the informed fears are justified, but they are understandable.

It really is a bad analogy. Nobody does get it for free, everyone has to buy it. Sure, you get it two times if you have an Xbox and a PC but just because some people won't have a PC doesn't mean they are left behind.

That's like complaining about Amazon because when I buy a song there I can only play it on my smartphone but other people can play it on their smartphone and their tablet. How mean of Amazon that people with a tablet don't have to buy it twice! This is just ridiculous thinking and outside of the gaming world nobody would be that crazy to talk like that because it is a non-issue.. to let people use the software they buy on as many as possible devices is  considered as something good and not bad outside the fanboy wars in gaming. 

We all don't know how it will end but I doubt that we have many here in this forum who "fear" something. Almost everyone opening negative threads about it are those who would never buy an Xbox regardless of if the same games come to PC or not.  There are people like me who don't need an Xbox anymore but I surely won't open a thread complaiing about me saving money which I can spend for more games or whatever else I want to buy. 

I see more chances. More chances for smaller Xbox console exclusives to sell enough to justify a successor. More chances for MS studios to stay alive or maybe grow if sales of their games increase and more chances to play with more people I know in real life in co-op modes. 

I have a question about Play anywhere.
My friend has an xb1 and PC and he recently ran out of gold so if he buys the game on Xbox can he play it online for free on his PC?

crissindahouse said:
JoeTheBro said:

It really is a bad analogy. Nobody does get it for free, everyone has to buy it. Sure, you get it two times if you have an Xbox and a PC but just because some people won't have a PC doesn't mean they are left behind.

That's like complaining about Amazon because when I buy a song there I can only play it on my smartphone but other people can play it on their smartphone and their tablet. How mean of Amazon that people with a tablet don't have to buy it twice! This is just ridiculous thinking and outside of the gaming world nobody would be that crazy to talk like that because it is a non-issue.. to let people use the software they buy on as many as possible devices is  considered as something good and not bad outside the fanboy wars in gaming. 

We all don't know how it will end but I doubt that we have many here in this forum who "fear" something. Almost everyone opening negative threads about it are those who would never buy an Xbox regardless of if the same games come to PC or not.  There are people like me who don't need an Xbox anymore but I surely won't open a thread complaiing about me saving money which I can spend for more games or whatever else I want to buy. 

I see more chances. More chances for smaller Xbox console exclusives to sell enough to justify a successor. More chances for MS studios to stay alive or maybe grow if sales of their games increase and more chances to play with more people I know in real life in co-op modes. 

You're too hung up on the "free" part of my bad analogy.

It's just an example of how a company increasing consumer friendliness can be decisive and not a universally appreciated action.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
I have a question about Play anywhere.
My friend has an xb1 and PC and he recently ran out of gold so if he buys the game on Xbox can he play it online for free on his PC?

Yup PC has free online. No gold needed for anything except GWG and discounts.

JoeTheBro, why don't you, instead of bad analogy and example, tell us what is worrying you? From your earlier post I get the feeling you are disappointed because you don't have to buy a console and you save money.

KiigelHeart said:
JoeTheBro, why don't you, instead of bad analogy and example, tell us what is worrying you? From your earlier post I get the feeling you are disappointed because you don't have to buy a console and you save money.

Oh I'm not personally worried. My first post is mostly just a joke. I like collecting video game systems and rain or shine will buy an XBO eventually, but I've been delaying that purchase for years.

JoeTheBro said:
crissindahouse said:

You're too hung up on the "free" part of my bad analogy.

It's just an example of how a company increasing consumer friendliness can be decisive and not a universally appreciated action.

That doesn't really change what I said though. I have to see a person in real life who will say "I really don't like that people who own an Xbox and a PC can play the game also on PC and not only on their Xbox because I have no PC"

No sorry, I just don't believe that. 

For me the only really logical concern is about competitive gaming and how lower Xbox sales would shrink the playerpool since competitive gaming will be seperated in games where you have a disadvantage with a controller but I doubt that XBO sales will be really that different to the situation we had before without the games coming to PC. 

But that isn't even something mentioned by those who open all these threads and post all this stuff about how horrible it is that the games are also on PC now. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3ZmkSXtv04