By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

This is a bad bad day!!what in the hell is going on? Have any of the Microsoft execs said anything about it yet? I have a strange feeling that this was all done above spenny's head....and that he may quit over it?

Around the Network

Not a good day for Xbox

Came on to see all of this. MS needs to stop their BS and give us more games, new ips etc. When they decided to bring games to PC it erked me a bit but now their closing studios. This is unacceptable

JLC215 said:
Not a good day for Xbox

Hopefully its a good day for Xbox tommorrow.

Proud to be a Californian.

shikamaru317 said:

This is all he has said so far today:

The rest of the execs have been quiet today too; Mike Ybarra, Major Nelson, Graeme Boyd, Aaron Greenberg, all have been quiet about the studio closing issue. 

What sucks is that we will never get a real awnser unless one the fired devs spills the beans online, from a PR standpoint it's best that they stay quiet until this whole thing blows over but the fans should keep on presuring them.

Around the Network

Hopefully FL assests can be used to make fable 4

shikamaru317 said:

Sigh, Microsoft Studios truly is in sorry shape after today. They easily have the lowest number of AAA teams of any of the big 3 now I think.

AAA
343i
The Coalition
Turn 10
Rare
Decisive (assuming they still exist, they haven't announced their game yet even though it's been in development for 2 years already)

Yikes, Tried telling people MS's first party was in a "Sorry state". Now it's even worse.

343 - Halo games only

Coalition - Gears only

T10 - Forza Only

Rare - uhhh random

Decisive - .... We'll see

Considering I'm not a Gears or Forza fan..

This is beyond horrible... I really wanted to get my faith back in MS but today pretty much confirmed that nothing will get better, only worse.

I'll keep my Xbone but this might be the last xbox I ever buy (if there is another one)

Jesus, just to remember how much I loved the brand back when H3 dropped. wow

shikamaru317 said:

I checked earlier, Sony now has 8 AAA teams to Microsoft's 4-5, and 6 AA teams to Microsoft's 1-2, and that's on top of the fact that Sony is getting alot of 3rd party exclusives. Nintendo reorganized not that long ago after the new President took over, so I'm not quite sure how many teams Nintendo has now, but I'm pretty certain it's more than MS. Definitely not a good situation, especially since Phil doesn't like buying 3rd party exclusives. They're going to be relying almost entirely on 2nd party deals for new IP and dormant IP from this point forward it seems, while 343, Coalition, and Turn 10 crank out Halo, Gears, and Forza respectively, and Rare does a mix of new and existing IP.

What are their AA studios again? Because I honestly don't consider any of them AA. I'm absolutely disgusted at MS atm... no words!

The HaloForzaGears statements fanboys used to make is becoming a reality lmao 

iceland said:
I'll keep my Xbone but this might be the last xbox I ever buy (if there is another one)

Jesus, just to remember how much I loved the brand back when H3 dropped. wow

Yep same for me, Halo 3 was the height of Halo for me too xD Last Xbox console for me, I'll probably be picking up a PS4 and the NX (assuming it's a console, if it's a handheld I'll still buy that as well)