By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
DeusXmachina said:
I understand cancelling Project Knoxville but why cancel Fable Legends? It was almost finished. Just release it and see how it performs.

Project Knoxville was moving along decently from the looks of it, they even got a new (Bigger) studio a month or so ago so things might of started progressing a little faster.

Although imo I think Knoxville would of done poorly but not everything will be a huge hit, especially for a small studio making new Ip's, I thought MS was getting away from the "Has to be a million seller or it's not worth it" attitude.

I think Project Knoxville would be a good game. I said i understand cancelling it because it was still very early in development.

I forgot that they moved to a bigger studio. They were making big plans for the future and now they're being shut down. That must really suck!

Around the Network

Heh yeah as much as I hated the ending of Mass Effect it doesn't change the fact it was a brilliant trilogy and Hudson is a talented guy.

Now I'm really looking forward to Microsoft's E3. If they don't come up with some huge and positive surprises, the future of Xbox is starting to look bleak. What I find funny though, MS has been criticized for milking the same franchises including Fable and one IP studios. Now that they closed and cancelled one everyone is shocked. I'd love to see proper Fable 4 though but I've been sure it won't ever happen since Legends was announced.

For another topic, I bought the apex version of Far Cry Primal and it's downloading as we speak 😊

shikamaru317 said:

Wow, what awful news today. MS, wtf is wrong with you? You were already way behind Sony and Nintendo in regards to the number of 1st party dev teams each have, and then you let 1 go (Twisted Pixel) and close 2 more in the course of less than a year? There's literally no way they can compensate for losing 3 first party studios this generation, it'll take them several years to build up 3 new studios to replace them at the slow rate they're going.

Guys, I was on the fence about selling my XB1 before, mainly because I didn't want to miss out on earning achievements in 3rd party games, but Phil is doing him damnedest to push me over that fence.

Don't do it man ;~; things gotta get better.. Right..? hopefully ;~;

shikamaru317 said:

Lionhead was one of my favorite 1st party teams. And even though they'd taken a turn for the worse in recent years with a Kinect game and the shell of a Fable game that was Legends, I always had hopes that they'd come to their senses and make a proper Fable 4 after they finished Fable Legends. That hope is dead now, and there is so little left for me with Xbox. Phil has systematically destroyed pretty much everything that I once liked about Xbox since he became the head. Japanese support, pretty much nonexistant. 1st party teams, disappearing left and right. True exclusives, no longer a thing. 

This is what bothers me most, I really hope they stop putting their exclusives on PC, and they better keep halo only xbox. I want their windows and xbox divisions to be totally different.  

Ryuu96 said:
Natsu said:

This is what bothers me most, I really hope they stop putting their exclusives on PC, and they better keep halo only xbox. I want their windows and xbox divisions to be totally different.  

Hard to support both when they barely have enough studios for just Xbox lol. They'd probably have to open 3ish PC only studios to give it decent support along with the smaller games going to PC.

I'm really starting to not care about Xbox Division anymore but I prefer playing consoles and have my achievements (also my lack of knowledge on PC building/upgrading) Wouldn't mind getting a powerful PC though eventually and using Steam/Windows Store, It's probably easy to put games on Windows Store and they have achievements so I can see 3rd parties doing that for most games.

I'll be missing Halo though but I'm a huge story guy and I hated the direction Halo 5 went in, honestly not excited for Halo 6 story unless they get rid of the lead writer xD 

Don't make PC games :P people will still buy PCs/gaming computers withough Microsoft games on there. 

and I love the way the story is going and if the MP as good as halo 5s it'll still be a freaking amazing game

Around the Network

Why are you guys blaming phil though? It wouldn't be his choice would it?

Phil spencer not even reacted on the news yet, I hope he choose to quit MS. A lot of talk but like I said a year ago we want games and he is failing in it.

shikamaru317 said:

Can't blame you for not going for all achievements. Some of them are very grindy, especially the "destroy 10,000 destructible objects in a carriage" one, that one took me literal hours of driving carts on the sidewalk after I had beat the rest of the game. 

Haven't played the DLC, is it any good?

Yeah that achievement made me drop the idea of doing them all 😁 I'd rather play something else than drive around wrecking stuff.

I liked the dlc, story was good and new game mechanic to intimidate enemies was nice. Jack the Ripper, how cool is that? There's also lots of side activities. I think 10€ would have been more reasonable price for it than 15€ but what can you do..

Whoa whoa let's not get too carried away here 😁 I'd much rather see how their plans work out than see them changing CEO. I understand thing like lack of Japanese support is not good for those who love that kind of games but is there really not anythingenough good stuff available or coming for X1 these days? Makes me wonder if I'm living in some illusion hehe

MS will have a sh*t ton of pressure on them for this upcoming E3 they better have more AAA games in the works and surprises like ReCore last year.