By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DeusXmachina said:
shikamaru317 said:
MS going for a T rating is very odd imo. I guess they're trying to win over the CoD kiddies by toning it down? No idea.

But there isn't anything to tone down. Honestly, i don't even understand how it got an M rating to begin with.

Also, i agree that there isn't as much hype as usual and i believe one reason is that they focus too much on Locke and hardly show anything about Master Chief. At least that's what i think after talking to some halo fans.

Pretty much this. Don't get me wrong, I'm massively hyped for Halo 5, but the way they're constantly pushing Locke and Osiris in our face is obnoxious and as a result I can't get as giddy about what they show than I usually would. It's a very odd situation because I'm actually quite confident this may be the best Halo ever. The MP beta was amazing, the most fun I had with a shooter in ages, and 343 already proved their story chops with Halo 4. So make no mistake I'm amped for this game. But when the new released material they give us to discuss is constantly something involving Locke and Osiris it takes the wind out of my sales, because I'm just not rooting for him/them. Why would I? They're hunting the Chief and Blue team. Those are the established heroes. Those are the guys I care about. Locke and co mean shit to me. That's not to say I may not come away from the game in the end really liking them, but shoving them front and center in all the marketing over the characters I love just bugs me. I don't wanna see that. You can't shove them in my face expecting me to go HYPE!!!! when those guys haven't done anything to prove themselves worthy of any. Hell all we know for sure about Locke so far is that in Nightfall he was a shit leader who couldn't keep his unit in check and as a result they all killed each other. Then he apparently got a Spartan promotion. How inspiring......

Around the Network

Gametrailers are having previews (impressions) of halo starting of with two halo missions:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/xgnp09/halo-5--guardians-campaign-preview

More BlueTeam action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0bYEToC0zA

So far every preview (IGN, Gametrailers, Eurogamer,e.g.) I've seen for Halo 5's campaign has been very positive. My excitement has definitely gone up now.

edit* I didn't know Hunt the truth season 2 just started! I'm going to listen to it later today.

A little earlier than I expected for Hardline. I figured they would try to scratch out a few more sales during the Holiday sales and put it up in December. I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out. I'm guessing the PGA golf game will also be up before the end of the year.

Around the Network

Yeaaa baby, Quantum Break is another game I'm going to be hyping up the yin yang next year! Maybe we should figure out a safe word for you guys and girls to use if my hypetrain rams you too rough?

180.000 Gamerscore now.

Might make it to 190.000 even earlier than I thought.

Barozi said:
180.000 Gamerscore now.

Might make it to 190.000 even earlier than I thought.

Sweet, I'm trying to hit 40k this year

I'm trying to hit 50k before the end of the year. Should hopefully reach it.

And this week's sale was good. I bought Batman since I needed something to play until Halo 5 comes out.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I'm at 5,960!