By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jason1637 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jybpwI7e6iU

Phew at least the gameplay looks good and smooth. That mode itself seems quite boring tbh. Kryll is back which is nice. Melee with knife makes sense but I just hope they'll balance it properly for versus so it won't be lame two-piecing again. Interesting to see how those flashbangs play out in versus. 

Around the Network

Overall I'd rate the presentation 6/10 which might seem a bit harsh considering I'm very positive about the future of Xbox and especially game pass. 

Positives: 

+ It was all about the games and we did see plenty of interesting games. Outer Worlds, Ori, Blair Witch and 12 minutes caught my attention.

+ Lego Forza Horizon was cool and I'll pick it up asap.

+ Microsoft Flight Simulator looked stunning and glad it's on Xbox too.

+ Halo Infinite trailer was awesome.

+ Minecraft Dungeons is something I'm going to play with my son.

+ Tim Schafer & Double Fine

+ Keanu

Negatives:

- Gears presentation... *sigh*

- Not any gameplay stuff. These trailers most looked the same. By the time of Borderlands I was bored to death. At least Halo ended on a high note.

- Too much Japanese crap but I suppose there's an audience for these.

- No Fable or any new exciting exclusive game for that matter.

- Bleeding Edge looked meh. 

- I suffered a post traumatic stress disorder looking at that Battletoads racing stuff.

- No Sea of Thieves.

- That Gears presentation again.

Last edited by KiigelHeart - on 10 June 2019

Oh and one more thing..

I just renewed my 12-month live sub & 6 month game pass sub in May. Last night I upgraded to ultimate for 1€ and apparently it adds both live and game pass sub together because now I have the ultimate sub until 12/31/2020. 

So it's basically 6 months of live and 1 year of game pass for 1€ :P

jason1637 said:
Leak: Perfect Dark in development for Scarlett.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77772436/922995905
Btw that link has some Nintendo E3 direct leaks so be aware of that.

That's great news, I've been wanting a new Perfect Dark for ages. 

I was wondering why people were getting hyped for this conference. Being a inbetween console year, I really did not expect them to show their hand to much if at all. You can believe Sony taking off this year is because they will have all their guns ready next year to showcase the PS5 and MS needs to be ready to battle just as hard. A showing of Fable and Perfect Dark sounds like a good start. Gameplay of Halo Infinite might even be better and if they have any hidden guns ready to show who knows.

Around the Network

Can sign up for Bleeding Edge Alpha here - https://www.bleedingedge.com/en/signup

I'm quite interested in giving Bleeding Edge a shot and been all melee definitely caught my interest and I'm reading some good comments about how the game played.

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 10 June 2019

Machiavellian said:
I was wondering why people were getting hyped for this conference. Being a inbetween console year, I really did not expect them to show their hand to much if at all. You can believe Sony taking off this year is because they will have all their guns ready next year to showcase the PS5 and MS needs to be ready to battle just as hard. A showing of Fable and Perfect Dark sounds like a good start. Gameplay of Halo Infinite might even be better and if they have any hidden guns ready to show who knows.

Well, it was Microsoft (including guys like Spencer) and insiders hyping it up.

If they wouldn't act as if people will see stuff people won't believe then people wouldn't expect that much.

But with all this talk before E3 you just had to believe to see awesome Gears story scenes, some big surprises (nothing was really big) and so on...

Without all of this I guess most wouldn't have expected anything special

Machiavellian said:

I was pretty hyped for the show and it met my expectations. Yeah the Gears showing was weird and there was a lack of gameplay but most of their games are coming soon anyway and they had lots of cool gamepass announcements.

Some BC news there and another game announcement with the redacted it looks like and The Surge 2 :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k23Mvr3sw28