By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EspadaGrim said:
I feel like I am going to be really disappointed with whatever studio/s MS is going to announce at E3, looks like none will be Ninja Theory or Obsidian level studios.

Actually it would be best if MS concentrate on the up and coming Development companies and leads then chasing after big studios.  You want to get those really creative people and give them to money, people and tech to make their stuff a reality as it will further grow and diversify MS content.  Lets say the studio that made A Plague Tale.  Studios that can bring the eye candy which is something missing from MS studios and some innovative and outside the box gameplay.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
EspadaGrim said:
I feel like I am going to be really disappointed with whatever studio/s MS is going to announce at E3, looks like none will be Ninja Theory or Obsidian level studios.

Actually it would be best if MS concentrate on the up and coming Development companies and leads then chasing after big studios.  You want to get those really creative people and give them to money, people and tech to make their stuff a reality as it will further grow and diversify MS content.  Lets say the studio that made A Plague Tale.  Studios that can bring the eye candy which is something missing from MS studios and some innovative and outside the box gameplay.

Asobo would have been great and I actually like them, but I seems that they have been ruled out since they have a partnership with Focus Home Interactive and have said that they want to remain independent, I even put out a list in this thread of AA devs that MS should go after I’m not expecting big names all the time.

I’m specifically reacting to the current rumored studios and the ones mentioned (specifically two of them) do not move the needle for me.

I would have liked behemoth studios they had/have a good relation with microsoft (castle crashers). A bigger team and multiple projects would have been a great :)

Souls style GOT RPG?

Ryuu96 said:

@shikamaru317 It's not Bethesda GoT but it's GRRM From Software. Just as good.

Just as good? 

More like far superior.

Around the Network

Ya, the quality of Bethesda games has just been dipping too much for liking over the years, and their stubborn adherence to that crippled old beast of an engine doesn't exactly inspire confidence moving forward. In truth, CDPR is really the only studio that could do a GoT/SOIAF RPG justice, but if somebody else was going to take a swing at it, be it as an RPG, or action/adventure title, it might as well be FromSoft. They're quite good with lore and worldbuilding, plus they're one of the few studios out there that have the right amount of weird factor to them. You gotta have a certain amount of edge and weirdness about you to properly pull off this type of game. Bethesda and Ubi are rather vanilla. Pass.

In any case, if it's some new IP anyway, I suppose it won't be a concern for you shika. I'm excited to see what it is though.

I don't agree with the "Bethesda sucks" narrative. Fallout 4 was only a few years ago and i'd consider that game to be a masterpiece. Yeah 76 kinda sucks but thats one bad game and they were trying something new.

I wasn't a fan of Fallout 4 but I still think Bethesda would be the best developer for GoT rpg. If CDPR isn't available that is. Skyrim was excellent.

Not interested in From Software games unless they step out of Souls formula.

For those who enjoyed Assassin's Creed: Odyssey I recommend you play Legacy of the First Blade dlc!

Gameplay wise it's the same as base game but the story was good. It ties the story with Origins. I'm glad I played with Alexios, it might have been a bit awkward playing Kassandra heh.

edit. I've now unlocked all achievements for base game and most of dlc stuff released so far. Fate of Atlantis expansion still to go.

dx11332sega said:
21 days till e3 .

18 days till MS conference/17 days till EA play.