By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

With them switching to Xbox game studios, does this mean a new logo and boot for MS published games? I’ve grown so used to the old one

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Damn, big news for classic WRPG lovers.

Baldur’s Gate
Baldur’s Gate ll
Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
Icewind Dale
Planescape: Torment
Neverwinter Nights

will be ported to consoles this year!
All of them will be available digitally and physically.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n36358/skybound-and-beamdog-bring-baldurs-gate-neverwinter-nights-and-more-to-console

Yes!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I played the Crackdown 3 stress test as well. One thing I was surprised about was how good it ran on my crappy internet connection. I use wifi, which I can't even play Gears 4 without lag, but Wrecking Zone ran well without issues. As far as performance goes, it definitely doesn't run at a consistent framerate. With that said, having lock-on aiming, framerate doesn't matter as much. As far as gameplay goes, very simply mechanics with how things play out. I only played 2 matches, but by the second, I got the hang of it, and did relatively well with going 11-3. As someone who was really only interested in the single player for CD3, the stress test perked my interest a bit more. I can definitely see it getting old if they don't have a compelling ranking or progression system in place. Hopefully they add more stuff to it over time like; maps, game modes, and whatever else.

To answer the poll I wouldn't mind a smaller Xbox IP to appear on the Switch but I feel that Xbox should get something in return.

Proud to be a Californian.

Damn Shadow of the Tomb Raider is really really good. 4 hours into the game and I'm loving it just as much as the other games. At this point I can't see how this only got a Metascore of 76 (PS4 version which has the most reviews). On the other hand the X1 version is at 82 with only 6 fewer reviews, much closer to reality.

Definitely the best and most convincing jungle setting in all of video games.

Last edited by Barozi - on 08 February 2019

Around the Network

Killer Instinct in Swicht , but only if we can have guest fighter Samus Aran.
Recore can be another game to go to Swicht, maybe the Metroid fans give the apreciation this games deserve.

Sorry for my bad english

Loneken said:
Killer Instinct in Swicht , but only if we can have guest fighter Samus Aran.
Recore can be another game to go to Swicht, maybe the Metroid fans give the apreciation this games deserve.

Sorry for my bad english

Metroid itself doesn't even sell much. I doubt Recore would sell significantly more than the Xbox version.

Barozi said:

Damn Shadow of the Tomb Raider is really really good. 4 hours into the game and I'm loving it just as much as the other games. At this point I can't see how this only got a Metascore of 76 (PS4 version which has the most reviews). On the other hand the X1 version is at 82 with only 6 fewer reviews, much closer to reality.

Definitely the best and most convincing jungle setting in all of video games.

I really enjoyed Shadow (though, kicking myself for buying it two months ago now its on Gamepass).

From memory a lot of reviews complained it was just more of the same/limited innovation. But honestly its the third in a trilogy. They made incremental improvements to what was already an excellent game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

So I started to notice a few things I don't like about Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
Biggest issue. There's almost no combat. Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider had a good mix of platforming sections, shooting sections and some puzzle sections but Shadow is almost purely platforming. I'm roughly 10 hours in (I'd say 2/3 of the main quest done) and thus far there's been 1 hour of shooting sections (including stealth parts) at most.
Another thing that's a bit annoying, there's too much water (Pokemon anyone?). It feels like they're pushing these sections too hard as they aren't all that interesting.

shikamaru317 said:
Barozi said:
So I started to notice a few things I don't like about Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
Biggest issue. There's almost no combat. Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider had a good mix of platforming sections, shooting sections and some puzzle sections but Shadow is almost purely platforming. I'm roughly 10 hours in (I'd say 2/3 of the main quest done) and thus far there's been 1 hour of shooting sections (including stealth parts) at most.
Another thing that's a bit annoying, there's too much water (Pokemon anyone?). It feels like they're pushing these sections too hard as they aren't all that interesting.

I actually liked the lower amount of combat relative to the first 2 reboot Tomb Raider games and the Uncharted series, always felt super unrealistic to me that Lara and Nathan were 1 person killing machine, super soldiers that killed like 1000+ people each. The water complaint I will agree with though, they are quite meh, trying to hide from piranhas and find air pockets all the time. 

My problems with Shadow of the Tomb Raider were mainly in the story department, as well as with a certain boss fight (or lack thereof). Overall I think it is the weakest of the 3 in the series for sure. 2013 > Rise > Shadow for me. 

Well aside from it being unlogical (which applies to any shooter), these sections were fun because the gameplay felt solid.
Not saying that the platforming isn't but it's always good to mix it up a little. Story-wise I'm not amazed but it's decent enough. It remains to be seen if it can improve or not.
But yeah I agree, at the moment it's 2013 > Rise > Shadow for me as well.