By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Barozi said:
Wow huge Xbox One problems right now.

https://downdetector.com/status/xbox-live

Having the same issues as most of these people. Black screen. Can't get to my home screen and guide button doesn't work as it should. I was about to do a factory reset after a normal hard reset didn't work. Glad I didn't. Definitely a problem on MS part. Still weird that I can't even play offline.

I also have a black screen but i can use the guide button and play games.

Around the Network
DeusXmachina said:
Barozi said:

Having the same issues as most of these people. Black screen. Can't get to my home screen and guide button doesn't work as it should. I was about to do a factory reset after a normal hard reset didn't work. Glad I didn't. Definitely a problem on MS part. Still weird that I can't even play offline.

Funny thing is that I didn't have a blackscreen at first but the guide already didn't work.
So I started Little Nightmares via the home screen, played for 30 minutes and even unlocked achievements.
Then when I had enough of the game I wanted to close the app until I realized that the guide still isn't working and that I can't start another game.
Did a restart and then had the blackscreen.

So achievement servers definitely work.

EDIT: Seems to be working again.

Last edited by Barozi - on 30 January 2019

Barozi said:
DeusXmachina said:

Funny thing is that I didn't have a blackscreen at first but the guide already didn't work.
So I started Little Nightmares via the home screen, played for 30 minutes and even unlocked achievements.
Then when I had enough of the game I wanted to close the app until I realized that the guide still isn't working and that I can't start another game.

Is it just the log-in servers? I've been playing Monster Hunter online these past 3 hours and not had any problems.

WoodenPints said:
Barozi said:

Is it just the log-in servers? I've been playing Monster Hunter online these past 3 hours and not had any problems.

Well since I haven't been signed off while playing either, I kinda doubt it. Don't see how the guide issue would have anything to do with the log in servers.
The blackscreen however... maybe.

Barozi said:

This is actually a huge flaw in how Xbox OS is designed and the main reason behind it being slow at times. Microsoft still rely a lot on the internet connection in their OS for some reason despite all the initial launch always online controversy. I mean, Xbox OS is designed in a way that if you have internet connection you should be connected to MS servers otherwise you gonna run in some problems. I haven't tried to turn on Xbox today but I guess the easiest solution would be to disable internet connection and then boot up console so it won't even try to access Microsoft servers.

Around the Network

64m mau is pretty good.

How big are the download sizes for Crackdown 3?

Barozi said:
Ryuu96 said:

TA suggests the following:

January 31st

• Thimbleweed Park or Trackmania Turbo

February

• Crackdown 3
  • Nidhogg 2
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  • Schrödinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark
  • Bendy and the Ink Machine

Not sure if I believe in all of them (Thimbleweed Park sounds more likely than Trackmania (due to GwG), Schrödinger's Cat..... really? I hope not) but they were 100% right last time.

aaaaand the game added to Game Pass today is Tomb Raider Definitive Edition.

Crackdown 3 previews are dropping tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YISTzpLXCY

One of the best things Microsoft has done for gaming this generation.