By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

This might sound really stupid. I just realized the updated Minecraft was available on Xbox one for my kids Do I have to resync all of their worlds in the new Minecraft for them?

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
TheSting said:
I'm almost done with Quantum Break. Bought it at release and it got piled into my backlog. This is a really good game. The story is cool and since the TV shows stayed on point so those didn't bother me at all. I love the story that Remedy tells and the way they went about time travel.

Really hate that the main thing I remember being discussed was the 720p. As if it was unplayable. Well early in the gen. it seemed like no game under the PS4s graphics were playable. The hate that MS games get and are still getting is ridiculous. Totally ridiculous.

Quantum Break was a pretty good technical showpiece for the base Xbox One that happily pushed resolution aside to bolster fidelity elsewhere.

However... It was still 720P and that to me was unacceptable, I am pretty consistent on that front though, even during the 7th gen I was a resolution snob.

...And then I thought that would all go away with it being an Xbox One X enhanced title, boy was I wrong.
PC is still the best place to experience that game in my opinion, unless it's been fixed on the Xbox One X? I probably should check again at some point.

I just finished QB on the Xbox One X on a 4K HDR TV and it looked about as sharp as any game I have played on that set.  I do not know what the resolution is but there were absolutely no jaggies.  The image was clear and the only defect I could notice was some banding in the lighting engine but even that was mostly rare.

After finishing up QB, I wonder if MS made a serious effort to purchase Remedy.  I believe their tech is up there with the best for what they can pull out of a system and story wise higher than your average developer.

Ryuu96 said:
Baddman said:
This might sound really stupid. I just realized the updated Minecraft was available on Xbox one for my kids Do I have to resync all of their worlds in the new Minecraft for them?

I believe so if you're going from Xbox One Edition to Better Together Edition, It's easy to do and only takes a few minutes.

cool . was wondering why they were not there. will take some getting used to my kids hate the interface.in the new Minecraft and for some reason couldn't place any items anywhere

EspadaGrim said:
Just finished Lost Odyssey and man I did not expect then story to hit me that hard, I want a full remake of the game. Also just started FF13 or the 1st time and so far it's rough as hell.

I never actually finished LO. Made it to somewhere on disc 4 and then a mixture of a busy life and a steep learning curve meant I never got it done.

Was my first traditional JRPG (outside of Pokemon) so I didn't choose my leveling up and structure very well. Will go back to it one day I think. Especially as the X1 has apparently helped a lot with framerate and loading issues.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Welp, guys I ended up getting the X. It was a deal along with Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition and Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
VGPolyglot said:
Welp, guys I ended up getting the X. It was a deal along with Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition and Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Hawt

Well, I tried a bit of Kingdom Come, but the audio is fucked up, not sure why. I may end up having to do a hard reset of the console, or re-install the game.

starcraft said:
EspadaGrim said:
Just finished Lost Odyssey and man I did not expect then story to hit me that hard, I want a full remake of the game. Also just started FF13 or the 1st time and so far it's rough as hell.

I never actually finished LO. Made it to somewhere on disc 4 and then a mixture of a busy life and a steep learning curve meant I never got it done.

Was my first traditional JRPG (outside of Pokemon) so I didn't choose my leveling up and structure very well. Will go back to it one day I think. Especially as the X1 has apparently helped a lot with framerate and loading issues.

I actually stopped at disk 4 too and a couple of months back and just recently finished it, You can Level up real easy at the Temple of Enlightenment area and by the time I reached the final boss I was over-leveled but mostly because I did almost all of the side missions.

EspadaGrim said:
starcraft said:

I actually stopped at disk 4 too and a couple of months back and just recently finished it, You can Level up real easy at the Temple of Enlightenment area and by the time I reached the final boss I was over-leveled but mostly because I did almost all of the side missions.

lol me too. I think I even tried it once more but I have no idea why I stopped in both cases.

Barozi said:
EspadaGrim said:

lol me too. I think I even tried it once more but I have no idea why I stopped in both cases.

I think for me it was mostly because Disk 4 is when you can actually freely travel to all the levels and zones without restrictions, so the map opens up and becomes less linear even tough you can actually just go straight to part 1 of the Final mission. At that point I was like ill just do this later and kept putting it off, I'm glad i finished it though it makes me understand why this game is so loved.

Machiavellian said:
Pemalite said:

Quantum Break was a pretty good technical showpiece for the base Xbox One that happily pushed resolution aside to bolster fidelity elsewhere.

However... It was still 720P and that to me was unacceptable, I am pretty consistent on that front though, even during the 7th gen I was a resolution snob.

...And then I thought that would all go away with it being an Xbox One X enhanced title, boy was I wrong.
PC is still the best place to experience that game in my opinion, unless it's been fixed on the Xbox One X? I probably should check again at some point.

I just finished QB on the Xbox One X on a 4K HDR TV and it looked about as sharp as any game I have played on that set.  I do not know what the resolution is but there were absolutely no jaggies.  The image was clear and the only defect I could notice was some banding in the lighting engine but even that was mostly rare.

After finishing up QB, I wonder if MS made a serious effort to purchase Remedy.  I believe their tech is up there with the best for what they can pull out of a system and story wise higher than your average developer.

I should have probably explained myself better. It's not a "dirty" looking game on the Xbox One X, there was just other technical issues like framerate drops, visual artifacts and so on, which I am not entirely sure have been patched out yet.
On the base Xbox One, my display looked like their was Vaseline smeared all over it. - I can't handle 720P. Haha

The frame reconstruction in order to "simulate" a higher resolution was actually pretty impressive in Quantum Break, still... Nothing beats native resolution.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--